View Poll Results: This is for contract locate companys to incorporate 2 man locator teams to work together on daily ti

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • For 2 man crew

9 52.94%
  • Against 2 man crew

8 47.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who feels contract locating has evolved into a 2 man operation?

Years of Experience
    na

Default Re: Who feels contract locating has evolved into a 2 man operation?

Yes, It is true the utility owners own stakes in the one-call centers, so you have to suffer the consequences...

Its called not just working harder and smarter, rather you can consider classifying yourself as a "bitch boy"...

Hows them apples??? truth be told...

Years of Experience

Default Re: Who feels contract locating has evolved into a 2 man operation?

I have seen the benefits of two guys working on a project to get it done quicker but normally it doesn't really help any one persons production- you are still taking a hit one way or another - its just getting the hassle out of the way.

I don't know how it works in other areas but iirc the laws here state we are only required to locate the first 500ft or so per day - so I mention this while discussing the project with contractors and hint at how if they break this thing up- I'll be making money and they will be getting much more than 500ft from me.

That and communicating with the other locating fella in my area, we can normally get the contractor to break it up or recall it in at a certain point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12