View Poll Results: What is your favorite Sport?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Football

9 39.13%
  • Baseball

3 13.04%
  • Basketball

0 0%
  • Hockey

1 4.35%
  • Auto Racing

5 21.74%
  • Soccer (Football outside the US)

1 4.35%
  • Boxing / MMA

1 4.35%
  • Golf

2 8.70%
  • Tennis

0 0%
  • Other

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Whats your favorite sport??

Default Whats your favorite sport??

Which sport do you like to watch; Which do you like to play?
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Whats your favorite sport??

I never did play any sports but love to watch. I watch baseball and football. I'd have to say football is my favorite because there is only 16 weeks in the regular season so every game is very important. There soooo many games in baseball that only the last month really gets interesting.

Where was Women's Mud Wrestling? Longhorns and Cowboys!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

I used to play soccer, but after 2 broken ribs, 6 stitches above my eye, and one blown out knee, I have decided to retire. Playing in your 40's against 20 somethings is not a good idea!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

ugh. boxing and mma in the same category. those are some shiesty choices. i didn't even pick.
    Last edited by scap; September 17th, 2008 at 07:29 PM.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

But uh, concerning football,

That was a damn nice play last weekend when reggie bush ran back that punt and pointed at that guy as he burned him. I didn't think it was unsportsmanlike...Unsportsmanlike conduct is throwing a guy down by the facemask, not pointing and laughing at some slowpoke as you burn him

But anyway back to the subject, I love Boxing...Ya see, in life, alotta people put on fronts and acts, for a good first impression; but when a guy gets in the ring after acting tough in a gym for a hard spar against a guy more experienced than him and gets clocked a few times, you see that tough guy image dissappear instantaneously after he absorbs a couple good power shots to the body or head and you see 'Truth' reveal itself. You can't hide from who you are in the ring. That, to me, is why boxing is beautiful. Mixed martial arts, I have a certain degree of respect for it, because it is a risky venture. I can grapple relatively well, (good at controlling clinches and punching out of clinches) but I just don't like the wrestling aspect of it...And in MMA it's no problem for a guy to tap out, but if you quit in a boxing match you're instantly deemed a bitch by whoever saw you do it. When you see a guy get taken out in MMA, it usually involves a tapout or a ref stepping in after a brutal knockdown. In Boxing you give the guy a chance to recover and come back, and SHOW WHAT HE'S MADE OF. SHOW HOW MUCH FIGHT IS IN HIM, HOW MUCH HE'S WILLING TO TAKE TO WIN. Youtube Castillo Corrales Round Ten and you'll see what inner fire I speak of.

Boxing is an ancient art, filled with great fights, fighters and tradition. I kinda gave up on it after a few hand surgeries, started smoking cigarettes, (They went well with the painkiller prescription my doctor gave me...) and I slipped into the dark corner of self doubt, thinking my hand injury would prevent me from ever getting a sactioned bout. (You have to have injury free hands to compete) - But lately, my hand seems to be coming around like it used to be, I can turn over the cross like old times...If I can kick the personal demons, the cigarettes etc, who knows. Maybe yahoo will be readin about me in the paper takin the la state hw title. I've been to Argosy and seen the guys who fight for that title. I've seen amateurs that would destroy them...so maybe I could make something happen for myself on the local level, who knows. We all have to have dreams...without those, waking up in the morning is just a bitch.
    Last edited by scap; September 17th, 2008 at 08:06 PM.

Years of Experience

hunting rabbits count???? watching LSU TIGERS woop up on some other teams count??
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Baseball & Football!!!!!!!

GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep that's right, I'm THAT guy!!!!
    Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

Years of Experience

Watching has to be Nascar, DOING has to be 4 wheeling!