Thread: Old Sight vs New Sight

Years of Experience
    na

Default Old Sight vs New Sight

I think the older site was more user friendly...

I dont see the improvement from the change over...

Harder to navigate...Archives that can never be reconstituted...

Less Smilie options...

Who s idea was this anyway???

Ehhhmmm!!! Goldenboy

Perfect example of why old locators never die aka pipe horn and 810...

The cablevine has morphed into a 4000lb monster...

Lets go back to the good times and the wealth of resources that cant be retrieved...

Last edited by USIC1; May 15th, 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Ehhhmmm!!! Goldenboy
    What did I do? I do like this format better. It's taking me a little while to figure things out but it seems like it does have quite a bit more, just have to figure it all out.

Don't fret, we only need 9,803 more posts and we'll be right back at the 10,000 mark.

Years of Experience

Angry Old site New site

I liked the last site better this one sucks Golden Spray 115 Clip Gyp and I and many others that I have forgot put alot of effort on that site that is lost this one is more complicated to work we lost our posts the moderators lost thier moderator options its like we have to start from scratch so I guess it is what it is and right now there isnt much to it than a social forum rather than a information site. put all the old post on here and then I might reconsider the number of post I had who cares so what 1000+ was cool bnut it took two years to do it it can be done again ....so where do we go from here. Also who knows who anyone is anymore since we had to reregister and create new accounts just when we figured out who all the managers were ..ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG

Yes, there are some options that are different, but actually this is a better format than the old site. Yes alot was lost, but it can be rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    I liked the last site better this one sucks Golden Spray 115 Clip Gyp and I and many others that I have forgot put alot of effort on that site that is lost this one is more complicated to work we lost our posts the moderators lost thier moderator options its like we have to start from scratch so I guess it is what it is and right now there isnt much to it than a social forum rather than a information site. put all the old post on here and then I might reconsider the number of post I had who cares so what 1000+ was cool bnut it took two years to do it it can be done again ....so where do we go from here. Also who knows who anyone is anymore since we had to reregister and create new accounts just when we figured out who all the managers were ..ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG
    Does this mean you are leaving? Whatever! Stay and play, or leave. It is your choice. We can hit 1000 before the end of the month.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Well, at least I'm not the only one who feels like something has been lost in this process. Not bitching, just not sure what has been gained, if anything.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

you guys are going to hate me for this........................ change,,,, is hard but learn a valuable lesson from this and you will go far far in life in every aspect of your life..................................if it makes anyone feel better this new change is hard for me too.....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RoadMap View Post
    Does this mean you are leaving? Whatever! Stay and play, or leave. It is your choice. We can hit 1000 before the end of the month.

HA! youre not getting rid of me that easy just hate that I got to get use to this one now its not that bad just alot of info lost Steve is working on it though he said give him through the weekend to see if he can import some of the old info back on here.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Old Sight vs New Sight

what do you have to say now guys?????????????this site is far superior to the other one.... it has so many extras..........great job steve.....over and over..
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Old Sight vs New Sight

After learning some of the great extras, I say stay and play, rise like a Phoenix.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia