View Poll Results: Are your investments improving since the chosen one took office???

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

2 22.22%
  • Nay

7 77.78%

Thread: Hows your investments since Obama took office???

Years of Experience
    na

Default Hows your investments since Obama took office???

Well lets buc-up and do tell!!!

I m recovering quite well since another liberal got in the big house...

I hear so much bitchin but look at the price of gas...

Look at the locating jobs still to be had...

Wheres all the evidence of the bad news???

Everyones outa work but look at the traffic...

Years of Experience

Default Re: Hows your investments since Obama took office???

if i even had any i would not talk about this over the world wide web....cmon dude ...really????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    na

Did I say add the particulars???

Geez!!!

Cmon dude...

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

errr.... still trying to polish the turd?

My retirement is down, the equity in my house is not where it should be at. The Economic stimulus package is working fantastic.... we are giving the contracts to the same companies we always give them to, so their "a" crews are still working.

My Property Taxes are up even though the housing prices have fallen.

My Autistic 6yr old can not have an aide in class due to budget cut backs, but they were able to get new computers, desks, and chairs.

As well as continuing to pay for a Teachers Salary even though she resigned due to misconduct.

yeah, so, all in all.... Breaking even...

mke

Years of Experience

A year ago when the the Dow was over 13,000 we heard that we had the worst economy since the depression, now at 8,000 we are supposed to belive the economy is great.With the Dow being flat for the last 6 months.
    My investments are about 30% lees than they were a year ago. Inflation is rising, I own now a car manufacturer and some banks that I will never see returns on but my kids will still be paying for. Whats next an over inflated health care plan ran by the same people that have bankrupted Social Security,and Medicare, because they cant leave that money alone.
    Lets keep drinking the Kool aid and listen to the love affair that Katie Couric and the rest have for the great one.

Years of Experience

Thumbs down Re: Hows your investments since Obama took office???

Quote Originally Posted by shit4brains View Post
    Well lets buc-up and do tell!!!

I m recovering quite well since another liberal got in the big house...

I put alot away/invested over the years and I'm hurting. It's hard not to yank everything like everybody else is doing. Taxes will be going up - no way around that. Things are really screwed up right now and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. Tax tax tax tax.... tax tax tax.... give me a friggin break! 2011 won't be much different. C'mon November...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I put alot away/invested over the years and I'm hurting. It's hard not to yank everything like everybody else is doing. Taxes will be going up - no way around that. Things are really screwed up right now and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. Tax tax tax tax.... tax tax tax.... give me a friggin break! 2011 won't be much different. C'mon November...
    Pull it and invest in some "bread-n-butter" houses dude. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1400-1800 sq. ft. They're cheap right now, lotsa renters to choose from, and even with the recent drop in prices, real estate is still the ONLY investment you will find that has averaged 5% annual increase over the last 110 years. (No it doesn't do it every year, and it drops at times, like the last two years, but on average it's always increased). Rent them for a few (5-10) years and then sell them off when the prices go back up (and they will). Do it now while it's a buyers market! It's FLOODED.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Maybe it depends on the market you're in.. from what Ive heard other ppl saying, it sounds like they're still asking $500,000 for a $125,000 house in alot of places..
    It would be tempting to gamble in some smaller markets.. where that $125k house was up to $200k and then went back down to $140k.. probably a chance of more stable growth there ?
    (May you live in interesting times)

I bet with $150,000 investment you could OWN 90% of Detroit. Granted no one would WANT TOO. I'm just saying.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    Maybe it depends on the market you're in.. from what Ive heard other ppl saying, it sounds like they're still asking $500,000 for a $125,000 house in alot of places..
    It would be tempting to gamble in some smaller markets.. where that $125k house was up to $200k and then went back down to $140k.. probably a chance of more stable growth there ?
    Good point Dave. You have to be smart about it, just like any other investment. Shop around, pay attention to neighborhoods. Don't buy in areas that are obviously on the "downhill slide" socially. Look for areas families with kids would want to live that have the potential for gradual growth in value. They're out there.

As far as people still asking for bloated prices, they're usually the ones that bought at the peak of the bubble, invested themselves WAY too deep because they bought without educating themselves (not to mention buying way beyond their means) and can't accept (or afford to accept) the reality that is now. Or it's a bank that can't afford to take the loss on it's bad investment. If there's one on the market you see way over-priced...watch it...it'll eventually come down...or some other schmuck will over-buy because they "love" the house...lol...
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

what investments????? obama wants to give give give to the man that does not want ......and is trying to take from the man that has want.....but since he is too stupid to take from the man that has ....he takes from the man that he can take from.....the middle - class man!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

I cashed out my 401k about a year before this meltdown happened. I felt horrible having to do it then but NOW, best move I could have ever done. At least I GOT TO USE MY MONEY, instead of watching it dissappear.

I've done terrific! Bought in during the Oct 2008 meltdown, you know, when Bush was in charge. Continued to buy through the next spring, cashed out of several positions, bought back in to others. Some industires are still very low (sea shipping, certain oil related companies, small banks), some are kinda low but prime for a nice jump (GE for instance), and some are fairly valued. Having done well on the premise of buying when everyone else is selling, I've now got a mix of very undervalued companies that are risky with a high gain potential, and dividend payers which are more stable. Many very good companies now pay dividends of around 6%, and when GE raises theirs back to where it once was, expect that stock price to jump.

Look it up guys. It's a known fact that over the past 100 years the stock market has increased more during Democratic administrations than during Republican ones. If your investments aren't doing well, it's easy to blame "the government", but that's not true in this case. The stock market wants one thing to prosper. A clear direction. The actual rules don't matter a great deal, the market just wants to know what the rules are.

Years of Experience

I started right before he took office. My 401k is steadily growing. I have to say, it wasn't anything he did that made this economy keep moving foreward, but the hard work of true Americans who never gave up. I don't blame him for what is going on, he stepped into the worst disaster you could face on an economic front, and is trying to keep the country from drowning in greed and idiocy. God forbid that a man with common sense ever steps into congress...He'd probably be branded a witch and burned. It's time for America to look at it's forefathers and weep... divide the country on politics? Why? That's how the British kept their hold on us, and that is how our fat and lazy politicians want it. Open your minds, and let's get back to what we are. ONE COUNTRY!