View Poll Results: How long of a drive to your area?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I live in my area

3 8.57%
  • less that 10 minutes

3 8.57%
  • 10-20 minutes

7 20.00%
  • 20-30 minutes

9 25.71%
  • 30-45 minutes

2 5.71%
  • 45 minutes- an hour

5 14.29%
  • over an hour

6 17.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How far away from your area do you live?

Default Re: How far away from your area do you live?

I live about 10 min from my area and only attend a Group Meeting every other Thursday for supplies and a Safety Meeting. That's about 20 min from my house. Kind of miss the old days where we met every am at a restaurant and waited for the paper tickets to arrive. Sure felt more like a team back then. Oh well - Progress!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Paper tickets... ahh... what fond memories! Loved the log sheet too!

Years of Experience

Off subject a little but going back to the good ole days....... MICROFICHE and those damn little viewers. did I even spell that right? AHHHHHHHHHH the days of stopping fast and then spending the next 2 days putting them back in order after you pick them up from the floor of your truck

Quote Originally Posted by geez70 View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHH the days of stopping fast and then spending the next 2 days putting them back in order after you pick them up from the floor of your truck
    Geez, LOL, after a few times of that happening, we figured out that clipping them to a clip board would hold most of them in place in case they hit the floor. Hubby used to put a dinosaur on top of his to hold them in the seat!

What about laying completes on the dash and they blew out the window. Try explaining that to a fellow locator who just happened to pass by while you were scrounging them up.

Funny story: Hubby was my trainer when I first started with his company. (Note: we were already together). I was in my first few weeks and got REALLY, REALLY aggravated one day. Called hubby and said, "I QUIT......THIS .......F.........JOB........... AND .......... YOU......... CAN........ DO ........THESE..........D..........TICKETS......... .YOURSELF.
    I probably had over 100 tickets, already in order, and I slung them through his truck window. He just smiled and waved bye. MADE ME SO MAD THAT I FOLLOWED HIM AND HE HAD THE LOCATE DONE IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES.

He used to tell me to listen to my locator, it would talk to me (Metrotech 810). I used to tell him the damn thing didn't speak my language!!!!! That was a very long time ago.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Years of Experience

Yep everything on paper and an 810.......... How I remember that.......Miss the 810 just not the paper

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I drive 70 miles to the office in the morning, and 70 miles back home in the evening.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12