View Poll Results: What is your favorite pizza?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pizza Hut

7 26.92%
  • Papa Murphys

5 19.23%
  • Dominos

1 3.85%
  • Papa Johns

10 38.46%
  • Little Caesars

0 0%
  • Godfathers

2 7.69%
  • Roundtable

1 3.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pizza

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Favorite Pizza

What is your favorite pizza?
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Default Re: Favorite Pizza

Papa Murphys all the way. The stuffed Chicago style is one of my favorites.

I must admit the Little Caesars $5 hot and ready makes for a real quick cheap lunch at work.

I live in the land of 'A MILLION PIZZA PLACES'

In the city, Ray's Original

At home, La Via

THIN CRUST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Chicago folks might know a 'pie' but it ISN'T pizza........................

As for those 'chain' places. Gross, makes me want to puke. Ketchup and toast with some cheese thrown on top.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Any pizza left out on the coffee table overnight.
    Now that's breakfast!

Years of Experience

There is a place called Vine and Dominic's in north Bethesda, Maryland next to Montgomery Mall.
    Great pizza.
    Their trademark is the Pizza Monster. A large pizza with extra cheese and your choice of six toppings which is 7 extra toppings if you count the extra cheese.
    Comes in a thick crust only becasue a thin crust will not hold the weight.

I can eat pizza by the box except for the monster, one slice is a meal.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

there are so many Ray's in NY hard to know which is the original unless living there or watched the show on tv. The pizza is so thin lol. I like a chicago style once every so often but usually have to eat those with a fork, but luminatti or gino's east. I like a hand tossed crust a lttle thicker than NY. My dad delivered pizza in chicago when i was a kid and loved the congress pizzas.

Years of Experience

Any Mom & Pop Pizza joint works for me. I never partake in any of that Corporate Pizza Crap! Being from New York City I always had what I consider the best Pizza, but living where I do now, I can't find a decent Pie to save my palit ...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I am not one to go for what is "supposed" to be the best pizza. I delivered wine and beer for a while. The guy that managed the warehouse knew his stuff about wine. I asked him one day what the best wine was. I was hoping to get the inside scoop on what the good stuff was so when I did purchase wine, I would only get the good stuff. He told me that the best wine was the wine you like the best. I was surprised at the answer but it made all the sense in the world. I now apply that to all aspects of life where it works. It works in pizza. Some will tell you what the original is or what the best is. Well, I can't change what the original is but I can tell you what the best is. At the moment it is a papa murphys Chicago style stuffed crust.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I am not one to go for what is "supposed" to be the best pizza. I delivered wine and beer for a while. The guy that managed the warehouse knew his stuff about wine. I asked him one day what the best wine was. I was hoping to get the inside scoop on what the good stuff was so when I did purchase wine, I would only get the good stuff. He told me that the best wine was the wine you like the best. I was surprised at the answer but it made all the sense in the world. I now apply that to all aspects of life where it works. It works in pizza. Some will tell you what the original is or what the best is. Well, I can't change what the original is but I can tell you what the best is. At the moment it is a papa murphys Chicago style stuffed crust.
    There ya go, what is best for you is the best here is.

I has some top of the line caviar and just did not like it at all.

Simple lumpish black caviar on fresh bread with butter and onion I enjoyed very much. Not only that it is a great measure of what you mean to your lady. If you eat that and she will still kiss you it must be love.

A place called DeLorenzo's on Hudson Street in Trenton, NJ. They don't make "pizza", only "tomato pie". Long before the "Soup Nazi", if you waited the average 1 hour in line outside and ordered a pizza, the owner would rudely tell you, "Wea don'ta maka pizza, youa wasta my time, goa home". It is small converted row home has 2 tables and no bathroom for customers (don't ask to use their's). They open at 4 pm, the line starts forming about 3 and close when there are no more customers but never later then 8 - 9pm. The owner will close the door and say "Wea close now, youa comea backa little early tomorrow". Don't order more than 2 toppings, "It noa comea outa right, goa home". Don't hesitate or look for a menu (there is none) when it's your turn to order, "Coma backa when youa ready, next". Sometimes I have seen the line a full 2 city blocks long, probably a 2 hour wait.
    The best pie I ever had though. Thin crust with long flat air pockets, never hard and pretzely and definitely never soft or doughy. Homemade premium ingredient italian tomato sauce makes this pie (not sweet and cheap). Jersey tomato's are the best, I don't care who you are. The sausage is fresh spicy Trenton style, loose but chunky. Sliced round link sausage on a tomato pie or anything for that matter just ain't right. They have won many awards and top reviews across the country by people who know about this stuff. A couple of years I think DeLo's was rated best pie in the country and I sure they don't enter.
    It's an old family recipe that was passed though the family. His brother calls his place Delorenzo's Pizza on Hamilton Ave and makes a very similar pie. I think it's close, but not quite as good. There you can even order pizza with more than 2 toppings and he will let you use the bathroom. Some sort of feud between the 2 of them and they don't talk to each other. These 2 places are so popular if you google DeLorenzo's Tomato Pie, these 2 places will come up first and I bet there are a lot of Delorenzo pizza joints across the country.

Coming from the land of Pizza, Porkroll and Tastykakes, I guess I can't vote in the poll. I heard of some of the places. Even seen some, but never been inside any.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

mmmmm.... Tastykakes

mke

Banned

I like small non-chain places the best. Rockstar pizza...mmm...

Costco pizza is the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast