View Poll Results: 3 years from now... locater or supervisor???

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • locater

14 63.64%
  • supervisor (staff position)

8 36.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which do you choose???

Years of Experience

Default which do you choose???

3 years from now where would you like to see yourself ..higher paid locater or a sup. staff position???
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Default Re: which do you choose???

Actually, retired and on a Golf Course
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

3 years from now.........graduating from law school and listening to all my friends bust out the shyster jokes! And much like spray, hopefully billing from the golf course (kind of like being retired).
    "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip someone the bird"

Hey.........pull my finger!!!!!!!!!!

LOCATOR; not enough drugs for me to be a sup.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

That would depend totally upon what industry I was in. I'd rather be evicerated with a dirty deer antler, than be a Sup in the contract locate world again. At least for a super-sized company.

Now a project manager for SUE or Private Locate Company might not be so bad.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

I will be a locator until my knees/back give out on me. As I've stated before I hate politics and being in any type of supervisor/management role is full of politics.

Years of Experience

GB said it best!! I was 16 and working in fast food when I knew I want NOTHING to do with being management!!

Years of Experience

Had my taste of supervisor no thanks I actually have a life after 5 now

Years of Experience

locater for me !!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

cablehound

3 years.. hmmmm - I am always the undecided one!

The manager looks really cool riding around in that car with no tickets but that cell phone that is stuck to the ear is a real turn off.

The supervisor position seems to have a few perks but those employees run him crazy.

I'm thinking in 3 years I will be finding buried treasures with my new metal detector.

Been a locator, sup and back to locator the best choice I made. No use in trying to do some thing that I didn't like because of an ego. Like having a life after 5 pm.

In 3 years I would prefer to be out of the contract locating business all together as it's way too stressful for the money. I would prefer to be with a utility or private locate company. If I had to choose it would definitely be a higher paid locator as you will make more by far than any supervisor once you have a little time in and you have less stress, less phone calls and more of a life. The only way it's worth it to be a supervisor is if you're new and it's actually a step up in pay rather than a step down plus you get to gain some experience in that role and can benefit you when going back to locating.Yeah as GB stated way too much politics involved, plus when the company makes a BS move you have to implement and enforce something you may not believe in and if you don't fear losing your job.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

3 years from now I'd like to be the best supervisor of a good 5 to 6 person team for my company.
    I got lucky with the position I hold now. My company is young but wants to grow. They listen to what I know from my years of experience. They listen to equipment suggestions and buy equipment when I say we need it (I also can buy it myself if I bring my ideas to the VP and explain why we need it). I work directly with the VP everyday and he is out in the field with me learning from me. Very hands on which is cool. The VP deals with the office politics so I don't have to, I'm left alone to do my job and come up with ideas.
    Right now it is just my VP and me so yeah in 3 years I want my team and I want us to be the best at what we do. Very cool to be a part of something like that. Where I can take all of the good things I know about this business and throw the bad things out the door.
    So viners keep looking and paying attention to locatorjobs.com you may see a help wanted ad and make sure your resume is up to date and posted in the next year.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    3 years from now I'd like to be the best supervisor of a good 5 to 6 person team for my company.
    I got lucky with the position I hold now. My company is young but wants to grow. They listen to what I know from my years of experience. They listen to equipment suggestions and buy equipment when I say we need it (I also can buy it myself if I bring my ideas to the VP and explain why we need it). I work directly with the VP everyday and he is out in the field with me learning from me. Very hands on which is cool. The VP deals with the office politics so I don't have to, I'm left alone to do my job and come up with ideas.
    Right now it is just my VP and me so yeah in 3 years I want my team and I want us to be the best at what we do. Very cool to be a part of something like that. Where I can take all of the good things I know about this business and throw the bad things out the door.
    So viners keep looking and paying attention to locatorjobs.com you may see a help wanted ad and make sure your resume is up to date and posted in the next year.

Uh???

Can we say Joe Biden redux???

Years of Experience

someone else may say that but it will never come out of AUL's mouth!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast