Thread: Wires everywhere

Default Wires everywhere

This may sound stupid but I have been pondering and pondering on how to manage the wires I have. I grow very tired of taking the time to untangle my leads every time I need them. I've tried zip tying a portion long enough to plug into the transmitter and wrapping the rest around the transmitter... which is fine until i need those 3" of leads. I've tried wrapping the hot wire up with itself and biting it with the clip and doing the same for the ground... needless to say I have a lot of tape on my leads. I've tried string, quick release knots, everything I can think of. It either takes to much time or just doesn't work at all. I guess what I am getting at here is how do you manage your wires?

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Wires everywhere

I take it you are talking about the leads getting tangled. In short the way I keep them from getting all tangled is to clamp the end to each other. As long as you do this every time they seem to not get tangled.

The simplest solutions are normally the best. I wish I would had thought more about that. Thanks.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I keep them on either side of the transmitter in the bag and clip them to the side of zipper

Years of Experience

I just wrap them around my hand and drop the whole coil into the bag, but I have had a couple trainees that twisted them worse this way.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I've always done what Phoenix has done. And they have always been tangled....but that's just the way it is.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

this is what I do also!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    I keep them on either side of the transmitter in the bag and clip them to the side of zipper
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

I have use a velcro cable tie. You can cut one velcro tie into several smaller strips and attach them around the red and black wires every 8-10" or so. This allows me to slide the velcro up and down, separating the red and black leads to whatever length I need. It helps some. I would like to see the equipment manufacturers incorporate a heavy duty, retractable lead design into the transmitter .

Years of Experience

I use an RD so I just wrap them around the transmitter. I leave enough slack to the transmitter side of the plug from becoming pinched and then I connect the leads to each other. When I switch to the clamp I just unplug the leads from the transmitter and leave them wrapped around it. The clamp I just wrap back up in the same configuration I received it in. Easy Peasy.

BTW: Phoenix... your avatar photo makes you look HAWT. (love the predator )

Around here we have all used old car.phone chargers (spring style cut and attach aligators) as the hot lead and just shortened up the ground never an issue.