Thread: Vivax

Default Vivax

Is it just me or does the Vivax completely suck???!!!! I know they are just a wannabe RD.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Vivax

Quote Originally Posted by locator24 View Post
    Is it just me or does the Vivax completely suck???!!!! I know they are just a wannabe RD.
    Its you...

Mke
    Years of Experience

bwahhahha..... didn't most of the RD engineers design the Vivax?

mke

Years of Experience
    5+

here we go... I finally got a chance to compare an RD4000 to a vivax proloc. this was an actual field test.... there was a locator trying to locate a 6 strand locate-able fiber. He was direct connected to the splice, and could not get a signal on it using a RD4000. I pulled out my vivax and was able to locate the fiber without any problems... he ended up using my receiver to locate the rest of the stuff in the area...

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

The big problem I have seen with the Vivax is durability. Seems they are always failing.

A really big weak point is the ring clap which is put together like a plastic model airplane. It is made of screwed together molded , hollow plastic and when mounted on an extension stick breaks off easily. Instead of a spring to provide tension it has a rubber band mounted internally, that will dry rot out soon enough if the clamps' body does not break first.

Years of Experience

Yeh its you. Vivax is pretty much the most accurate machine out right now.. Not as good for production though.
    Correct me if im wrong but I believe Metrotech(makers of the 810) designed the Vivax..

Years of Experience

With all due respect you weren't comparing apples and apples you were using a brand new vivax with a 4000 the 8000 will bury the 4000 also. Why not take a 8000 to the same fiber and trying again.

Years of Experience
    5+

you can say I wasn't comparing apples for apples... but the bottom line is I have seen so many trash the vivax, but I have found it to be very accurate. yes there are some problems with the durability of the vivax.. but over all it's a good machine...
    the vivax was designed by former radiodetection engineers who developed the 4000 and worked on the 8000 project... after the vivax came out... then they merged with metrotech.

Years of Experience

I'm not bashing vivax I demo'd one coupe years ago I liked it real well except it was too long and I think they could come up with a smaller antenna cover