Thread: Switching Equiptment.

Years of Experience

Default Switching Equiptment.

Just curious when you get a new piece of equiptment how long does it take to adjust? I've been using the Rycom for a really long time and personally love it. I have heard that we will be going with the 8000s eventually and I am already not looking forward to the switch. I know the 8000 would be nice with the radio mode and better power mode but I just "know" what the Rycom is telling me all the time. I hate to relearn a new peice of equiptment.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Switching Equiptment.

few weeks for the ones i've switched from!!! metrotech ,rd, to subsite!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Yahoo ur lucky I want a sub but the rd is fine I suppose
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

I've used Metrotech, RD, Pipe Horn, Sub Site, Rycom, Ridgid and Dynatel. Currently I am using Ridgid offset with Rycom and 2 different models of Dynatel on a daily basis plus a GPR.
    I wish I could have one of each from every (reputable) company.

They ALL seem to have different good qualities and different draw backs to their use (in private locating anyway).

So I guess switching isn't really that big of a deal if your already use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Just curious when you get a new piece of equiptment how long does it take to adjust? I've been using the Rycom for a really long time and personally love it. I have heard that we will be going with the 8000s eventually and I am already not looking forward to the switch. I know the 8000 would be nice with the radio mode and better power mode but I just "know" what the Rycom is telling me all the time. I hate to relearn a new peice of equiptment.
    Best way to go is cold turkey, because you will always fall back on the Rycom if it still in your truck. Pull it off like a Band Aid, one quick rip....