Thread: Rycom 8879v3

Years of Experience

Default Rycom 8879v3

Just wondering if any of you people use Rycom 8879v3 Rycom Instruments® Utility Locators - Accurate Locating Made Simple i am looking at buying for locating phone power and some metal pipe plus sonde

Would like to know if any one has this unit and what they think of it

Years of Experience

Default Re: Rycom 8879v3

I used one for years its ok but not my first pick. There are alot of better units out there. If money is a factor I would buy a used RD

Years of Experience

I have never used it .....but I can say that you will be very limited in finding a locator that uses Sonde mode ......some vivax's have that mode .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    20+

There are some die hard rycom users out there.That rycom locator can get the job done no doubt.Everyone has their favorite locator tho.I guess it mainly depends on what you are comfortable with.I think you will find a majority of radiodection users on this forum.If i had to pick between rycom and radiodetection i would get radiodetection,if that was my first locator purchase.If you have already purchased a main locator and you want to try something new,get the rycom.