Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rd8000

Default Re: rd8000

I miss my RidGid Seektech SR-60. NEVER had a problem with performance and operation. Thing just weighs alot, is bulky and clunky looking/feeling and it ate batteries like a fat girl at an all you can eat buffet.

one of the lead techs in my district uses an 8000, he had a really big problem with his. they have peak, null, and peak-null combined from what i understand. he was using his machine in peak-null mode and the signal would be 3 feet away from where he would pick it up using just peak or just null. it was a really weird problem that i dont know how they resolved but my sup told everyone to stay away from peak-null mode if we get an 8000 because ontop of the calibration error i just noted, it supposedly sucks batteries faster in the combination mode, i guess using more antennaes or something?
    "You can never trust AT&T to do the intelligent thing..." - SM&P Lead Tech

We've got 2 8000's and we haven't ever had a single problem with any of them. Peak/Null mode on both my units matches that in comparison to Peak mode vs. Null mode. Weird. I don't rely on the Peak/Null mode ever, but it seems to be right on point. Must note. Both of my RD8000's are brand spankin' new.
    New England Subsurface Imaging
    CT Certified WBE/SBE
    Concrete Imaging, Utility Locating

http://www.nesubsurface.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123