Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mke
  • 1 Post By Cuda

Thread: Radiodetection A.C.ID

Years of Experience
    a few

Default Radiodetection A.C.ID

Radiodetection has CD (current direction) but it also used to use something called A.C.ID for absolute locates in high congestion areas. I figured it was a fancy name for ELF but it's not the same. I need to know what freq. it was or if it was a combination of a really low freq. and a special CD freq. It was special to a transmitter called the PTx-3 or LMs-3 that was used at the phone company and mounted in a rack and could send out the signal when needed to techs.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Radiodetection A.C.ID

That what Level 3 uses? they had a couple different frequencies they used.... Had them written down, but can't find where. If memory serves me right, they were not stock frequencies. However, you can program the vivax to carry it.

Not sure what type of transmitter was used, it is always off site.
    Cuda likes this.

Years of Experience
    a few

They sold a locator PDL-4, a transmitter (for a rack or a portable unit) and a vectorbar as a kit and the A.C.ID was programed in as an identifier. I believe 320hz was the cd pair and I thought 8hz or 98hz was the right ones but my vector bar will not lock on. Unless I can figure out how the Identifier part worked I have to find a regular PDL-4 that was part of a system called the Precision Pipe Locator system that when started does not know of the A.C.ID part and asks for a pipe size on the start up screen. I did not know there where 2 PDL-4 systems my plan was to use a PDL-4 with a vectorbar and my PCM-TX 150 watt transmitter that uses ELF which is 4hz for pipe condition then 8hz for CD and 98hz to track the pipe.

Years of Experience
    a few

Found out that ACID was available as a web option on the RD4000 T10 transmitter I only have the TX-10 from my 8000 and it has no ACID option, man I just need to know what freqs. it was lol
    Last edited by Cuda; March 8th, 2017 at 09:52 PM.
    Mke likes this.

Years of Experience
    a few

Well I now know a lot more than I did, thanks orangeboots! You turned me onto Travis and he knew a little but he gave me the number of the guy who actually was the head of the ACID program! And he still works at RD just in a different position. But he called and explained the vector bar is not just a receiver bar it is hard coded at the factory for certain signals to go with a certain PDL-4 receiver and a specific transmitter all 3 are matched period. My only option is to send in my vector bar and PDL-4 and maybe they can be wiped and then matched to my PCM-TX 4hz and 8hz. But what was cool was he explained that to make them all different a possible freq. like 3.2hz and 6.4hz would be possible freq. combination but they will both always be under 10hz no matter what. And I asked point blank about a comparison to todays modern equipment vs. a vectorbar from 2002 and he said it is still one of the best deep locate or high congestion distortion area locators there is so I might send mine in.
    Last edited by Cuda; March 10th, 2017 at 12:57 AM.