Thread: Radio Detection Capabilities

Years of Experience

Default Radio Detection Capabilities

I heard from in inhouse locator today that they had an RD rep come in and show them some new technologies with locating. He said that RD now has a reciever that has a remote in it and transmitter to switch frequencies without physically going back to manually change them. You just point your reciever towards the transmitter and change frequencies. Not sure how far the distance will work. Not sure if it's an ad-on feature for the 8000's or if it's a whole new line of model. Sounds like it would be pretty cool for troubleshooting.

Years of Experience
    20+

Default Re: Radio Detection Capabilities

its called ILOC.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yaherdme22 View Post
    its called ILOC.
    I read about that in the manual, but that's above my level of intelligence of understanding it. I'm old-school I guess. I've been using the 8000 for at least 3 yrs and never heard anything about ILOC.

Years of Experience

its called ILOC.
    I read about that in the manual, but that's above my level of intelligence of understanding it. I guess I'm just old-school. I switched from the 4000 about 3 yrs ago and have never heard anything about ILOC until today.

Years of Experience

Anybody know how to get the Current Direction arrows on the 8000 reciever? Do you have to use the 8000 transmitter for it to work? I use the 400 transmitter because it's lighter and the batteries last longer.
    Last edited by superman; August 28th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Years of Experience
    20+

Yes you have to have a transmitter.As long as your 400 transmitter has the same cd frequency it should work.If you are using the 1 watt or 3 watt rd400 transmitter it won't.Neither have cd freqs.The 5 watt rd400 has a cd freq but im not sure if it matches any of the 5 cd freqs the rd8000 reciever has.

Years of Experience

Yes you have to have a transmitter.As long as your 400 transmitter has the same cd frequency it should work.If you are using the 1 watt or 3 watt rd400 transmitter it won't.Neither have cd freqs.The 5 watt rd400 has a cd freq but im not sure if it matches any of the 5 cd freqs the rd8000 reciever has.
    I guess I'll use my 8000 transmitter tomorrow and see what happens. The manual say's the cd arrow on the reciever should face away from the transmitter when you find your target line. It say's that the arrow will face the transmitter when bleeding over. I just want to see how true that is.