Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proper Locating Etiquette List Please add on...

Years of Experience

Default Re: Proper Locating Etiquette List Please add on...

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    This is a true story. I was actually attacked by a pet rooster. The homeowner had actually trained it as a guard rooster. Talk about a cock fight.
    I work in a very urban area, so imagine how suprised I was while doing a backyard locate and was ambushed by a mean, bootpecking turkey. He didn't let up until I was out of the yard completely. Boy, was I glad I had on a pair of steel toes.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    I believe proper locating etiquette is giving my business cell phone number to all contractors and utility representatives working in my area.
    WITHIN reason!! I have a couple guys out here, if they ask I WILL give it out, but these guys I KNOW will be calling me all the time to mark out stuff we don't do. (gas, etc) There are a LOT of other contractors tho, I have offered them my # because I KNOW they won't bug me for stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by scap View Post
    1> Watch where you piss. Don't get too careless. I drink alot of coffee in the morning, so I pee alot up til lunchtime. Normally I'll just go behind a house if I don't see any windows and have a nice fence covering me.

Bout 4-5 months ago some old lady walked right up on me before the flow started and saw a full frontal of me. (I was behind the house and no cars were home) I quickly put my johnson away and began apologizing, but she was fine with it and just said 'Don't worry I won't tell anyone' lol, lucky me.

Be careful if you have to pee make sure you pretend you're fixing something while you're peeing. That is all
    LMAO Been there and done that several times!

Quote Originally Posted by TechMaster View Post
    LMAO Been there and done that several times!
    haha. Crossboxes are like portapoddies for me.

Tactics ftw.

Open a CBOX, and take out your ped wrench act like you're fixing something, while you already got your dick out and have the urine flowing. (I never piss on the crossbox, just on grass on concrete. I respect at&t guys because my dad was one of em )

anyway it's all about acting like your fixing something,

the way someone knows if you're pissing is if they see you from the back, even far away..looking down at your dick, with both hands on it..if you have one hand twisting ona ped wrench and you are looking away from your penis, you're in the clear! Rofl
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix827 View Post
    WITHIN reason!! I have a couple guys out here, if they ask I WILL give it out, but these guys I KNOW will be calling me all the time to mark out stuff we don't do. (gas, etc) There are a LOT of other contractors tho, I have offered them my # because I KNOW they won't bug me for stupid stuff.
    Wingfoot has a solid point. Because if you don't do that, these guys will dig without calling you, if they don't see paint.....

It's all about making them laugh, imo. Get them to like you. I learned this in the car business. They will call before they excavate every time if you can relate to them in some way, shape or form... it's ALL ABOUT just being a nice guy, seriously!

One guy, this guy Russo, who works for Hard Rock Construction. Out at Sherwood and Coursey, he had alot of issues and wanted me to come help him out on multiple occasions, etc. Well, once when I pulled up, the dude (he's black) was eating a ****ing pig tail. Lol....I have never tried one but I would, for shits and giggles. So, the guy calls me all the time now, when he thinks something is funny. And every time I see him, I'm like "....RUSSO, WHERE THE HELL ARE MY HOG TAILS ??? YOU STUNTING BASTARD!!!" lol...because I knew the guy would never give me any of his stupid hogtails in the first place, as if i ever wanted to eat them anyway, but it was just something funny between us. hog tails is a black person food. and black people get a kick outta white folks who like black person food. it's a fact ....but he never gives up any of his hog tails. I'm like, "RUSSO, WHERE THE **** ARE MY HOG TAILS MAN?" with a smile ...and he laughs his ass off, because inside, he knows...."imma eat dem dere hogtails, i just told dat dere whiteboi i'd give him a few cuz he did me onenna dem dere favors." and bullshits me with 'Nah mang, I ain't got em today!'......

****in' Russo. Haha. But I like the guy. I like any excavator who calls me before they dig, even if it's a cluster****. That's a respectable trait from any excavator.

In this business you can and will have to find very odd and funny ways to get a piss break. The other day I was inspecting a manhole and what ya know the coffee came a callin. No better place than a manhole.

Quote Originally Posted by TechMaster View Post
    In this business you can and will have to find very odd and funny ways to get a piss break. The other day I was inspecting a manhole and what ya know the coffee came a callin. No better place than a manhole.
    I guess you're a rural locator......... I'm urban, if I pissed in any manholes around here,. about 20 people would see my johnson (And probably lol at it because of how the cold weather would cause immense shrinkage) lol

I have been doin this shit for a long time. I have been rural, in the city, in cold ass weather and hot ass weather. Been a long time since I ran a route as a contract locater but that is how I got my start. I mosty go out now and have to locate utilities then vacum excavate them for companies, and for firms conducting road moves and such. So like I said I have found very very many piss spots. My most famous one is on the side of the highway with the front and back doors open standing between them. Have to do that alot since i am almost always on the road from state to state.

crazy! i couldnt imagine being on the road that much

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    It's just plain good manners to paint and flag the dog bombs, so that the home owner can find them.
    Before Ameritech.. Err.. SBC... Err... Att (Whatever they are this week) gave up locating to a contracted company, The locator for them and myself used to circle the droppings so when he, or I came in to do the locate, we would see the poop, and avoid stepping in it. Worked great! Now that we have 4 ways here, Bah... I keep a poop flag in the back of my truck so I can carve out the droppings.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by scap View Post
    Wingfoot has a solid point. Because if you don't do that, these guys will dig without calling you, if they don't see paint......
    Don't get me wrong, I would rather they call then just dig. I just try to avoid giving it out to guys that expect me to drop everything when they don't even have a ticket, ask me REPEATEDLY if I can find the gas, private stuff, dog fence, etc.
    Then there's the ones that call in for remarks, (24 hours) then call back in 2 hours wondering where I am, they have a crew on-site waiting.

The best was a guy that called in a regular ticket, then called back about 3-4 hours later for no marks!
    THESE are the ones I WON'T offer my number to! lol Most guys I will.

I have , on several occasions, after having stepped in poop, gone to the front door and left as much as I could on the Welcome Mat! If there are only a couple of bombs I don't mind , but when you can't make it across the yard it tends to aggravate me. I swear one day I'm going to buy a Pooper Scooper then clean up the entire back yard and dump it at the front door !
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    I have , on several occasions, after having stepped in poop, gone to the front door and left as much as I could on the Welcome Mat! If there are only a couple of bombs I don't mind , but when you can't make it across the yard it tends to aggravate me. I swear one day I'm going to buy a Pooper Scooper then clean up the entire back yard and dump it at the front door !
    After reading this post I immediately thought of this scene from Billy Madison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwjYV...eature=related
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

2 things for locators - i know u can relate.

1) Feel kinda goofy wearing a vest trying to hide in trees and bushes while taking a piss? Yeah but **** it we still do it right? hell yea

2) ever do this sometimes if their is no good piss spot on-site? hop in ur car drive down the road hoping to run into a house that is being built that has a sanican? thank god for those times u get lucky, **** those times u drive for 15m and know damn well u should have just went to the damn gas station!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123