Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pipehorns

Years of Experience

Default Re: Pipehorns

Grasshopper:

$1245 Pipehorn 800HL (9 kHz + 480 kHz)
    $ 895 Pipehorn 800H (480 KHz)

Thanks David. I may have to look at an upgrade. I refuse to completely retire my trusty100 (as it has served so well over the past 10+ years), but maybe I can talk my boss into adding an 800HL to my repertoire.
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I kinda like to keep the gain up and the signal wider, so's I can swing the receiver around wildly and work faster...

Developing a talent of gauging the target becomes a real skill, when you challenge yourself by staying on the edge...

I consider this technique- pendulum locating

Its the same mentality as in martial arts training- challenging your physical/mental limits of breaking cinder blocks and boards....

Different people have different techniques. It's what make the world fun. I only gain out to sweep, then I am in as narrow as possible to isolate and run. I never liked the pendulum style, and I found that swinging it too wide could make it chirp on anything, and sometimes on nothing. Guess it was a skill I just could't learn.
    Sort of the same for the boards and ciderblocks. I tried it, but never really liked it. I just wanted to learn to defend myself and family, and then it became a fun way to exercise (not to mention a great stress relief). These days, I am getting more into the philosophy aspect.
    Kind of like locating; I did not really understand the science behind it for the first few years. I spend that time just trying to keep no shows down. I started to really learn after the first damage
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.

Junior Member The Subtle Locator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Good Method. I like to stagger my transmitter at intervals when I suspect multiple targets. The goal is to let my signal "bleed" to where I want it to go or in opposite of a known target that may be obscuring another target.

Junior Member The Subtle Locator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    You just have to be careful when drop box. They will light up everything in the ground. You can set it on a transformer with a piece of cardboard under it. IT WILL light it up.
    Definitely agree. I've used my 800HL on a gas line when the contractor failed to pull the trace wire up through the ground. I placed it on the ground by the regulator and lit it up with the 480KHz; tracing it to the road. Then back-traced it from the road back to the regulator. About 120ft. total. My Metro. 810 could not do this!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123