Thread: Opinions on the Rigid Locator

Years of Experience

Default Opinions on the Rigid Locator

New to the Cable Vine,

Hello All.

Been using the Vivax Metrotech locator for a few years now, (love it) but my company wants to retrofit another crew.

New guys locator training instructor told him Rigid is the best, but i've never used it myself.

My question is should we stick with the same equipment, or try out something new?

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Opinions on the Rigid Locator

Quote Originally Posted by Locator100 View Post
    New to the Cable Vine,

Hello All.

Been using the Vivax Metrotech locator for a few years now, (love it) but my company wants to retrofit another crew.

New guys locator training instructor told him Rigid is the best, but i've never used it myself.

My question is should we stick with the same equipment, or try out something new?
    I used the Rigid St-510 coupled with the SR-20 receiver... It is a nice unit. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I thing it comes down to Customer service and support.

mke

Years of Experience
    a few

I have the seektech (not the ridgid that is red for plumbers) yellow units and I have the vivax also, the seektechs units cost more but do not require a yearly calibration like the vivax do, it's $100 plus shipping on the vivax. Sonde locating the seektech is the one! The vivax units offer signal direction to find difficult lines buried in a trench with other utilities, (thats why I have the vivax) If I had to choose just one I would take the Seektech but could just as easily work and get along with the Vivax. I have a radiodetection unit it with me as well and for some things it beats the vivax, on other things the vivax wins don't you just love choices lol

Years of Experience

I would think that is a hard question to answer ....without knowing some other issues. I have never used that unit myself but their name is good at least .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato