Thread: iphone

Years of Experience

Default iphone

just snagged a 32g 3GS black iphone, 325 total with tax and all, I am under AT&T contract and just extended my own, it would've been like 725 of something retarded with no contract. The guy gave me two free leather cases, because he used to be a locater and we shot the shit about locating and stuff. He used to work for Byers....anyway, anyone in here own one? there's some cool programs, I didn't get it for locating specifically, but aside from the cool music and stuff you can load down on the phone, there are some SERIOUSLY neat iphone programs. I am basically completely in the dark compared to some of these iphone nuts, but there are programs where you can,

1. Cop Finder?- This program where up to 10 miles or so, see where cops are sitting exactly by some kind of triangulation of their devices used to catch speeders, also detects speed vans, and shows you their gps coordinates on a map....I mean I'd never use it on the job, but it's good to know where cops are

2. Sketchy- theres a little drawing program, if I'm in a congested area I always draw all the lines and pair counts before I even get outta the truck so I can go back to my drawing for reference, with this prog you can draw the lines and label the pair counts, I'd probably stick with pen and paper though

3.Talk radio- I am a huge fan of good talk radio, I listen to it all because by doing this and having different sources of news you really get all the facts ... comes in clear as day perfect for locating when you get outta the truck and listen to talk radio as you perform your locate, staying informed and uptodate on political news and news in general.

Also, and I'm sure some musicians here will think I'm a jerk for saying this but whatever, I'm myself here, the ability to snag some free music (google 'download bittorrent' get that program then google 'btjunkie' find the bonafied btjunkie and you type 'Limewire' download the full professional limewire that everyone posts positive comments about and bam you got all the music you'd ever want in your entire lifetime free, no spyware or viruses and horseshit, download directly to PC and then export to iphone for the win (what kind of asshat would pay 2.00 per song) and stuff your iphone full of all kinds of free applications to save yourself money. The reason everyone talks about how limewire gave them viruses is because they didn't use the professional version, the freeware version infects your computer with spyware as you download each song...even if you have a cleaner it will still get infected badly...

you know it's not that bad really to just download the music for yourself to enjoy. What I think would be sorta dishonest, would be to say, find a new album, burn it, and start selling it to people for 5.00 a pop. But to just download and enjoy, hell, life's too short to care about copyrights.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Years of Experience

Default Re: iphone

I'm so jealous!!! utiliquest won't get me one???? hahhahahhahhahahhahahha other than that i'll never get one ha!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

yahoo you'd love it they really are worth it.

Years of Experience

get up in chat man lets talk about esketch haha.

Years of Experience

Planning on an iphone, but not the top of the line one u got! lol
    Only bad thing I have heard is make sure the screen is protected. I hear you can drop them all day long, but the screen will NOT survive getting hit.

Not sure about iphone apps, i dont have one, but..

Theres no such thing as a triangulation service for speed radars. There are however web sites that let ppl input where they see radar traps, then that data is available for viewing. If the trap is moved (or in a moving car), then its useless of course. Perhaps handy for some routine spots that they like to use though (the locals might know about it, but a traveler might not)

A drawing program might be handy to have, but the time spent trying to make a 'cad' drawing .. unless its something you want to keep, prolly better like you say to use pad and paper.. much quicker.

Re: music.. find a method to transfer from your pc to the phone (cable or bluetooth), and download via torrents. No point bothering with those limewire etc sites. Torrents tend to have much better copies of music, and less chance of being tracked. Places like torrentscan.com let you punch in a search in multiple engines.

Only thing Ive heard of with the iphones (et al) , is watch your plan.. Ive heard of people going crazy with web useage, then getting a bill for $1000 for the data use. Too many providers let ppl use features without making it obvious that there are extra charges for this and that.

One good site for all kinds of cell phone info is howardforums.com
    (May you live in interesting times)

All this means to me is that 'someone' has wayyyy too much time on his hands! He needs to quit flat-dicking it and get busy!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    na

Pre orders are being taken for the XM-skydock...

Do you need the link or???

Years of Experience

we have lots of time to talk on the phone!!!! hahahhahhhahahahhahahah
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

SOB, USIC..

I gotta admit thats one hell of a sweet looking adapter. Killer 'app' if it was free. Are ppl willing to pay the extra $15 (or 5? if you're a sub already) a month to play music ? (the $120 up-front for it is a gizmo fee.. easily absorbed if ya want it.. which is also why I think they should push the 'lifetime' sub thing more.. ppl dont want to pay per-month)

Wonder what happens when a call comes in.. does it shut down the audio mid-riff or what ?

I wouldnt drool over the stock bump on it.
    (May you live in interesting times)

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix827 View Post
    Planning on an iphone, but not the top of the line one u got! lol
    Only bad thing I have heard is make sure the screen is protected. I hear you can drop them all day long, but the screen will NOT survive getting hit.
    I've almost dropped mine a few times, the back seems to get scratched the worst I've seen on other's iphones. I got the black belt case, and then I got a standalone thick leather jacket case that protects the back. If I were to pick one over the other, I'd go with the leather jacket. You can take the phone out easy, and it protects the phone a great deal and looks sharp. Both of them are way cheaper on ebay than at the at&t store.

What I need to get is some kind of protective film to put on the screen, I hear that goes a long way in protecting them

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    SOB, USIC..

I gotta admit thats one hell of a sweet looking adapter. Killer 'app' if it was free. Are ppl willing to pay the extra $15 (or 5? if you're a sub already) a month to play music ? (the $120 up-front for it is a gizmo fee.. easily absorbed if ya want it.. which is also why I think they should push the 'lifetime' sub thing more.. ppl dont want to pay per-month)

Wonder what happens when a call comes in.. does it shut down the audio mid-riff or what ?

I wouldnt drool over the stock bump on it.

You can do everything that app has already on your own with a little legwork and a PC connection. Never pay for anything monthly except the phone itself, you can snag all the media you want if you know where to go. To answer the question about the call... if your iphone is connected to the aux port of a cdplayer in your vehicle when a call comes in, if you are listening to the ipod part of the phone or even a radio app, the volume of the song decreases and the call comes in. You press talk, and turn up the volume in the vehicle all the way. You hear them through the car speakers and talk into the iphone, great for safety. It works the same way if you have an external speaker connected to the phone.

edit - There's neat things about having the phone plug into the aux port, example is the gun application. There's all kinds of guns, rocket launchers, even a paintball gun, and you pull up the gun and touch the screen and it fires a pretty realistic sound that really sounds exactly like the gun you picked. When connected to the car with the volume all the way up, the grenade and the rocket launcher are EXTREMELY loud. I load up this app when someone with a loud radio pulls up next to me.
    Last edited by scap; October 11th, 2009 at 09:58 AM.

Years of Experience

Back when I sold cars XM and Sirius were always destined for failure because no customers ever renewed the subscription. They'd use the free 3-6 months and just never subscribe

Years of Experience
    na

Lets see how terrestrial (on and off internet) does now that the music royalty fee gets passed along to these providers...

Yeah, you may be able to get an ass load of music and channels without paying, but NONE of it will be commercial free...

That royalty fee will have to be accounted for through some means, and most likely commercials...

Carry-On!!!

Siri/Xm Lifer (limited commercial free music aaahhhh)
    Last edited by USIC1; October 31st, 2009 at 01:42 PM.