Thread: Fixing the Hotstick mount on an RD clamp.

Years of Experience

Default Fixing the Hotstick mount on an RD clamp.

I got a hand-me-down clamp from another guy in my crew, and the only reason I was allowed to keep it was because You couldn't mount it to a hotstick because the nut was broken off on the inside. I lived with it for a while, and just taped the clamp to the hotstick whenever I needed to... But That was a pain in the ass, so I eventually just fixed it.

I took some pictures as well, and it was pretty easy. You really only need to remove one screw. I used a size 15 torx bit, but it is just a regular hex head bolt.

1. with the clamp sitting in front of you with the wire coming out on the right side, remove the bolt on the left handle.

2. Pry that sucker apart! It takes a little bit of force. I didn't actually take pictures until it was already fixed, but that whole nut and plate dealio will be broken apart.

3.There is a small steel plate that is just sitting in a plastic groove, and there should be a small nut just floating around in there as well. The nut was just press fit into the plate.It only fits one way, so Line it up and hit it with a hammer until its good and stuck. It should end up looking like this:

4. Put the plate back in with the nut facing in so that if it falls out again you won't lose it, and Strap 'er back together... all done.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Fixing the Hotstick mount on an RD clamp.

And shorty after doing that, A dog that you are sitting (but don't want to be) will grab your clamp and leads off the table and proceed to tear them to pieces.

What a B*tch.

Nice fix, but wheres the photo of the dog with that hotstick up his ass

Years of Experience

Well, I'd be lying If I said I didn't give the dog a swift boot in the Rear when I saw my clamp dangling from it's mouth... but pictures are incriminating.

... I was looking for an excuse to make retractable leads anyway. And I'm just going to replace the whole cord on the clamp. I tug on it too much to expect a splice to hold up. I'll be making a couple more threads for these ones I suppose.

Years of Experience

Is it kinda like telling the teacher "my dog ate my homework". Instead you're telling you're boss " I swear the dog ate my ring clamp".

Years of Experience

When I broke mine, the handle came apart and the nut disappeared. Used a couple hose clamps to lock a coupler nut into the good part of the handle and covered it with gorilla tape.