Thread: Betcha can't tell guess who invented the radio

Years of Experience
    17 years

Default Betcha can't tell guess who invented the radio

I researched this guy years ago. He never got the respect he's due. Nikola Tesla is the giant on whose shoulders we all stand on:

It comes in 5 ten minute sections but I bet you'll be hooked after the 1st. He coulda made us locators not even exist.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Default Re: Betcha can't tell guess who invented the radio

Nikola Tesla was one bad dude. He came up with the ideas of so many things way before their time. He even came up with the concept of RADAR long before anyone else did.

The US Gov't siezed most of his stuff when he died, most likely because they wanted something he was working on before someone else got it.

I have built several tesla coils over my lifetime, but one can be considered a "terrorist" now for building one as the government has made them pretty much illegal.

Marconi has received the credit of inventing radio for far too long, but Marconi is the one that took the concept and actually made it work. Too bad Mr. Tesla didn't do that himself.
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

I was thinking Marconi. And Tesla WAS ahead of his time.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Marconi DID put the concepts together. He built and patented it first, but after Tesla died, the Supreme Court found that all of Marconi's blueprints were taken directly from Teslas notes. They posthumously awarded the patent to Tesla in the 40's. Years after he had died. Although he had lots of patents, the guy was never really interested in receiving credit.
    Tesla is also said to have developed wireless electricity. He was able to turn on lights from miles away with no wired connection. I know that sounds like sci-fi but it's fairly well documented. He did it in Colorado Springs in the 20's I think. JP Morgan (his financier) is said to have made the statement that if electricity becomes wireless and free to all, where would we put the meter? He pulled funding and had the tower in Colorado destroyed when Marconi's device went public.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Look at the Feud between Edison and Tesla on the Alternatin Current/Direct Current deal back in the day. Tesla worked for Edison, and Edison stiffed him, so he went to work for Westinghouse.

Tesla had some very amazing ideas, too bad there aren't anyt thinkers of that capacity today. Everyone nowdays seems to be taking old ideas and revamping them, jsut like tv shows, movies and music.

Tesla, in my opinion, was a free thinker. There are so many things he thought of and imagined that we so heavily rely on today. Heck, the big power compnaies nationwide were wanting to shift the frequency of the current here in the US to 50 cycles per second, but everything has been based on 60Hz here in the US for so darn long....the 60Hz frequency was one of Tesla's ideas too.

I would love to have someone like him as a close friend, but at the same time, someone like that could draw all sorts of unwanted attention in todays time....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...