Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wingfoot

Thread: Best transmitter 2 man scans

Years of Experience

Default Best transmitter 2 man scans

What is the best transmitter you have used for a two man scan or just good at induction I like Fuji but have not used many others

Years of Experience
    a few

Default Re: Best transmitter 2 man scans

The Seektech ST-33q+ is the best induction transmitter I have found for sweeps the coil design really is a major advancement. I use it the most but not every tool does every job as the seektech tops at 33khz on induction but the design just blasts the ground with power and most of the time the 33khz works. If you need higher I like either of the new Vivax broadband transmitters or I grab the pipe horn (could also use the metrotech 810) I have all of them and the radiodetection TX10 too so use them all when needed but the Seektech gets used the most on 2 man sweeps.

Years of Experience

Default Best transmitter 2 man scans

Greetings brehaut! I have been exposed to the Fisher TW6 Split Box Locator and it works amazingly well. When my RD 8000/TX-10 and McLaughlin Verifier G2 Digital Locator fails on challenging water lines, my city water department liaison (my go-to guy when I need help finding their water lines) uses his Fisher TW6 and it works GREAT for him! I have a TW6 as seen below in my garage at home:

As seen above, the transmitter is on the right and the receiver is on the left. The wand must remain flat throughout the swing over the utility target to work properly. Once found, the receiver will give a peak signal when the target utility is directly under the transmitter.

For the same reason I don't play golf, my TW6 stays at home. My TW6 is parked in my garage because I have tried many times to master this equipment and failed miserably. It comes naturally for some people to play the game of golf (i.e. use the TW6) and LUV it. As hard as I have tried to properly swing the club, I can't even hit the ball................... just sayin.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mke likes this.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Best transmitter 2 man scans

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
    The Seektech ST-33q+ is the best induction transmitter I have found for sweeps the coil design really is a major advancement. I use it the most but not every tool does every job as the seektech tops at 33khz on induction but the design just blasts the ground with power and most of the time the 33khz works. If you need higher I like either of the new Vivax broadband transmitters or I grab the pipe horn (could also use the metrotech 810) I have all of them and the radiodetection TX10 too so use them all when needed but the Seektech gets used the most on 2 man sweeps.
    Ok thank you for your info