Thread: A new category-

Years of Experience
    na

Default A new category-

I call to the floor, a motion of creating an- Innovations, Applications,and Methods Reference category...

I think we need to have a category of unique ideas- past and present where someone can share something of merit with other locators, that could be applied to assist or improve in fieldwork application...

That way we can all go back to the archives to justify and possibly look up different methods, techniques, and innovations that fellow locators contribute...

I would like to see censorship added to increase the value, and lend to a more concise and comprehensible subject matter... Someone wanting to contribute should take the time to make it a worthy contribution... A moderator or administrator could tweak(proofread) the info for coherence... Some of us aren t literary genuises you know...

I think some good quality contributions get mentioned in the forum yet is buried away in miscellaneous categorys that are lost and hard to reference later...

I also feel (not to ramble on ) that if someone makes a worthy contribution on any fundamental locating issue it should be reposted in a special more easy to reference category...

This is the reasoning of such a suggestion...You know meat and potato stuff...

You get the drift...
    Last edited by USIC1; May 29th, 2009 at 11:47 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: A new category-

Sounds Cool it can be called "Patent Pending"

Years of Experience

It's got my vote...like the name suggestion too T-Bone
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

Sent the request in to Steve should know something soonopcornsmile:

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Holy Shit, did UDICK post something intelligent? I am truly floored. I like the suggestion too. Hey UDICK, these thoughtful posts will NOT get you two or more red squares....calm down a little bit, and go back to being an ass so I can get you more red squares.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    na

Wait a second I dont want to infringe or anything but-

I apreciate the additional category but after further review would like to tweak things to get greater participation...

Thats why I had also mentioned in addition- methods, practices and principles???

For example-

It is always more beneficial to locate (what is estimated to be) the most shallow facility first when performing a locate involving multiple facilities...
    Especially when they exist in close proximity with each other...

That type of additional knowledge incorporated in a category...

A way of creating greater value and attract more input if it includes a wider range of subject matter...

Since to some degree tech talk innovations and improvements seem fairly closely related and may be somewhat redundant, and nothing seems to promote- methods, practices, and principles of general locating which could be of the greatest value of all-
    here is what I was thinking to make it better-

Technical theory,Innovations, and Improvements-

- merge innovations with tech talk

Practices, Principles, Methods-

-applications,examples, discussing fieldwork practices...

- this is really the greatest and most valuable category we need to create and develop

I m not trying to steal the show here, just consolidate and make the site more valuable for everyone...

Just a suggestion if others would like to add its welcome to...

I really think the Practices, Principles and Methods could expand on some valuable topic matter over time...

Alright later
    Last edited by USIC1; May 31st, 2009 at 10:36 PM.