Thread: NMEA stream from Ridgid SR-20

Default NMEA stream from Ridgid SR-20

Does anyone have a manual or access to information on the NMEA strand that can be output from the SR-20 serial port? I have my locator mounted on a boat and need to be able to post process the data. I would like to make sure that the information is correct and not distorted by the aluminum boat or large depths.

Thanks,
    Ken

Years of Experience
    a few

Default Re: NMEA stream from Ridgid SR-20

I do not know Ken would love to here how you have it set up and what depths you use it for as 15 feet deep is about as accurate as I get in the ground, never tried it over water though. You should call Seektech for your answer.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

The Ridgid/Seektech reps get an e-mail every time someone posts in their forum. They should be able to help you.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by kenroy View Post
    Does anyone have a manual or access to information on the NMEA strand that can be output from the SR-20 serial port? I have my locator mounted on a boat and need to be able to post process the data. I would like to make sure that the information is correct and not distorted by the aluminum boat or large depths.
    Sorry for the delayed response, I need to check my spam folder more often...

The SR-20's NMEA output is a development tool intended for internal use only, so we have not published any technical documentation nor do we provide any type of support.

Not sure that was the response I was looking for from Seektech! I am not trying to steal their technology I just wanted to be able to better apply it to my line of work. The locators are great and I do trust the results, but would like to know how they interoperate the information, it's available so why can't they throw me a bone. My company has invested a great deal of time and money into using Seektech with our water crossing inspection programs and would hate to have to switch brands.

Years of Experience
    a few

Quote Originally Posted by kenroy View Post
    Not sure that was the response I was looking for from Seektech! I am not trying to steal their technology I just wanted to be able to better apply it to my line of work. The locators are great and I do trust the results, but would like to know how they interoperate the information, it's available so why can't they throw me a bone. My company has invested a great deal of time and money into using Seektech with our water crossing inspection programs and would hate to have to switch brands.
    I don't think you should rely on posting on a open forum as opposed to a good old fashion phone call. I just can't see going back and forth with posts even if they where publishing it which is what it would be if he answered your post.