Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 400 ft swath

Thread: excel in CO

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default excel in CO

Looks like USIC lost this contract in CO. I know they have been having issues getting and keeping people. Probably most keep failing the piss test. Vannguard has this contract now.

Years of Experience

Default Re: excel in CO

Does Xcel do electric and gas? Are the facilities alright to locate or you get a lot of problems? Heard of Vannguard but don't see any reviews, guess they're like any other locate company around.

Years of Experience

USIC lost the contract last April. And it has nothing to due with piss tests. It's called competition and knowing what you're worth. $14 hour doesn't cut it in CO.

Pretty sure Utiliquest still has the xcel contract, but what do I know I don't work for those bums.
    Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience
    15+

But from what I'm hearing, it Looks like Vannguard lost it's Jo-Carroll contract in northern Illinois

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by 400 ft swath View Post
    USIC lost the contract last April. And it has nothing to due with piss tests. It's called competition and knowing what you're worth. $14 hour doesn't cut it in CO.

Pretty sure Utiliquest still has the xcel contract, but what do I know I don't work for those bums.
    Vannguard is offering $16 hr according to their ad in indeed. I knew at one time Usic offered $20 hr in CO. Like SD,ND, TX, OK and CO if there are other jobs paying more or close to what the locating company is paying, people will leave.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by mattm211 View Post
    Does Xcel do electric and gas? Are the facilities alright to locate or you get a lot of problems? Heard of Vannguard but don't see any reviews, guess they're like any other locate company around.
    Vannguard is mainly in the midwest. IA, WI, MN, northern IL and i think may be in the UP. In WI they use to have a $16 cap. Better than USIC. They do not micro manage. Want production but do not push it down your throat, but also do not want damages. WI group is a union. Well still going through the ratification of a contract.

Years of Experience

The wife is wanting to get up north to the cooler temps. The only thing I worry about is being laid off in winter..never had to experience that (we actually get more work here in winter because the weather is actually tolerable). I saw UQ hiring, with sign on bonus, in CO a while back. I've been there done that with the before though and hated the micromanagement from UQ.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    Vannguard is offering $16 hr according to their ad in indeed. I knew at one time Usic offered $20 hr in CO. Like SD,ND, TX, OK and CO if there are other jobs paying more or close to what the locating company is paying, people will leave.
    People leave, yes, but not out of state. I'm probably going against some "code" saying this but CO might be the mecca for locators. People learn very quickly that they don't have to put up with low pay and supervisors hounding production to death. I was making over $20 an hour at USIC, no special role, just a regular experienced tech and found a better paying, less stressful job. And that hourly was a pay cut from the company they bought out.

I don't know about this Vannguard company that keeps getting talked about but they will learn soon enough no experienced person is going to apply with that slap in the face hourly.