Thread: century link

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default century link

I am hearing a rumor that century link is putting their contract out for bid here in Wisconsin. I know they were not happy with usic.

Years of Experience

Default Re: century link

we were hearing down this way that USIC has a nationwide contract with Centrylink and was wondering why USIC does not have them in this state yet ?? USIC does have Cox everywhere .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    I am hearing a rumor that century link is putting their contract out for bid here in Wisconsin. I know they were not happy with usic.
    This may be true but there are rumors like this regarding the contracts of all locating firms. Sometimes they turn out to be true.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    we were hearing down this way that USIC has a nationwide contract with Centrylink and was wondering why USIC does not have them in this state yet ?? USIC does have Cox everywhere .
    I cannot say why but offer one explanation. A client will diversify their subcontractors to guard against the contractor going out of business. A locate firm can make many errors that cause it's collapse. They can over expand and not reap the projected profit. Internal mismanagement can cause severe cash problems and go into the red quickly.

Three E Utility made bigger expansion than planned before they collapsed. They shut their doors and turned off their phones on a Friday without notifying their clients, at least in my area. The CATV company went into the weekend with no oncall coverage and come Monday morning were not aware no locate service was being provided. They were only aware because I called their liaison Monday to say goodby.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    century link was a five state contract here in Wisconsin. I think it was WI, IL, IN, IA and MI I think

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Any one knows which locating company is based out of Arizona? This company took contracts from usic in AZ.
    I heard USIC lost the century link contract in 7 states. I am hearing they will possibly offering $19-19.50 hr.

Years of Experience

DPG is the company that has had it here for the last 5 yrs or so . I would think someone is just about ready to underbid them for that contract.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato