Thread: Upgrades on the way

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Upgrades on the way

TheCableVine is being upgraded in the next day or two. I am upgrading to something called the VBulletin Publishing Suite. It will allow greater functionality on the front end. The front end being the landing page for the site. I will be able to post content such as articles and other stuff as well. That is why I'm looking for people who want to contribute to the site and showcase their talents at the same time. See this post

Also in the publishing Suite are blogs. You will be able to start your own blog where you can say anything you want. (within reason, of course) Give it a try, you might like it. ideas for blogs might be your daily life, your favorite hobby, or a blog by a manager or owner who wants to communicate to people in different states. I'm sure blogs can be private and only viewable by those you want to view it. I'll check on it, though.

I put in the request about 10 minutes ago so, it may be done as early as today or as late as Tuesday or even Wednesday. It all depends on their work load. So, if you show up and the site looks like a mess, then I haven't had time to get in and organize it yet.

I would like feedback on what everyone wants to see on the site.

One thing I will get done for sure in the next month will be a new Template/Theme/Style or whatever you want to call it.... WITH A 'THECABLEVINE' LOGO. That's right. I'm gonna get rid of the vBulletin logo. (I think I've said this before... ???) I hope everyone will like it.

I've also decided not to bring back the Google Advertising, so if you want to continue posting what you've been posting, then go ahead. Please, no genitals, though. I'll be replacing the Google Advertising with industry based advertising. So, I gotta put on my salesman hat and hit the phones.

Basically, I'm trying to build a site you can learn from, participate in, and be proud of.

Thanks
    Steve
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Default Re: Upgrades on the way

Thanks for your effort and dedication to the site.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Upgrades on the way

My pleasure. It is fun for me.
    "Change does not always equal progress."