Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Up and running

Default Re: Up and running

I don't think anyone else wants to be the administrator. None of us are resident nazi's around here.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I like the new look too.

The portal page is up and running. Thanks to the people at VBadvanced.com.

I think the traffic is down because it was off line for so long. It happens. Traffic will pick back up in a week or two. Plus, if you look at my stats, weekends always have 30-40% less traffic than weekdays. Monday should pick up a bit.

I'm truly excited about the new look and upgrade etc. The next thing on the list is to get the links directory back up so that all of your links will be visible to people searching for your services. I looked at the stats and was surprised at how many people are actually directed to the directory with keywords like "private locator in Montana" or what have you. I just made that up but you know what I mean.

Anyway, thanks again for all of your patience. It is greatly appreciated.

Steve
    Last edited by TheCableVine; March 6th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

you mean usic1 has not contacted you about getting back in............................THAT scondrel!!!! we going to have to talk to Tbone to find out what's going on....ha
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Thumbs up Re: Up and running

Thanx for busting the forum Steve! and people wonder why we can't have anything nice around here... just kidding bro. Good to be back, and upgrades to boot! Keep up the good work, I know this stuff isn't free... vB licence, hosting, maintenance, over paid mods ect...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Thanx for busting the forum Steve! and people wonder why we can't have anything nice around here... just kidding bro. Good to be back, and upgrades to boot! Keep up the good work, I know this stuff isn't free... vB licence, hosting, maintenance, over paid mods ect...
    It's the health care costs for the mods that really cut into the budget.

Seriously, though. This one did put a dent in my wallet. I've had some people inquire about donating but I always say no. However, I am thinking about starting a membership program where you get a years membership for a small "donation". With that donation will come some perks. That being said, I have always promised that as long as I run this place the forum will be free. So, whether you get a membership or not, you will always be able to read, reply to, and enjoy all the forums.
    Last edited by TheCableVine; March 6th, 2010 at 09:50 PM.

Years of Experience

yes I agree wth you Steve that is a good idea.....get the Lt's together and come up with a good poll!!!! we really need to think of some good perks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    It's the health care costs for the mods that really cut into the budget.

Seriously, though. This one did put a dent in my wallet. I've had some people inquire about donating but I always say no. However, I am thinking about starting a membership program where you get a years membership for a small "donation". With that donation will come some perks. That being said, I have always promised that as long as I run this place the forum will be free. So, whether you get a membership or not, you will always be able to read, reply to, and enjoy all the forums.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    yes I agree wth you Steve that is a good idea.....get the Lt's together and come up with a good poll!!!! we really need to think of some good perks!!!
    I've been over on other forums inquiring about all the perks that people give to their members. I've gotten some good ideas.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

when you say "Perks"...... is that code for blackmail? We "donate" and you don't e-mail DM's with our verbal tirades about how crappy the company is? I think that loosely fits into the definition of a "Perk".

Mke

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    when you say "Perks"...... is that code for blackmail? We "donate" and you don't e-mail DM's with our verbal tirades about how crappy the company is? I think that loosely fits into the definition of a "Perk".

Mke
    Yes

Actually a perk is something like a bigger PM in/out box, advertisements being hidden to members but shown to non-members, a custom e-mail address, Mke@thecablevine.com for example. Stuff like that.
    Last edited by TheCableVine; March 8th, 2010 at 09:30 PM.

Years of Experience

nice!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12