Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read Me: Remaining anonymous

Default Re: Read Me: Remaining anonymous

Something smells slightly fishy here.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    As some of you may know, much of the upper management from some of the locating companies like to stop by now and then to read what their locators are posting. They may not agree with everything that is posted and might want to talk to people about what they posted. The only way to stay off the radar screen is to remain anonymous.

Do not sign up with your name or nickname you might go by at work. Also do not reveal where you work or what company you work for. Some on here do and that is their own business. They may not be too worried about it. That is fine. But, if you plan on remaining completely anonymous keep it simple. Don't reveal any personal information that might give you away.

Just a reminder.

I was kicking around the "online users" and noted that there were 20 people viewing the forums that were not signed on. So you do not have to be a member of the 'vine to read the forums, only to post to them.

Then I noticed how many net bots and spiders were visiting the site. So a search of the terms we use like the names of the locate firms, state names , names of the utility companies we locate for etc. show up in a Google search. What we post today can be found by a Google search within the next 24 hours.

So not only can the managers of the locate companies read what is going on in these forums the managers of the utility companies that contract out to the locate firms can read these forums.

No wonder our bosses 'may' not like our posting here.

Seems to me if everything were on the up and up, and integrity were being used by both leaders and followers, there would be no reason to find fault with anything being said here. Problem is, too much bs, too many lies, too much cover up, too much politics in this industry. Not sure why it has to be that way. Locators and companies exchange benefits. Locators are paid a salary by the company in exchange for their expertise. This is not a personal matter, as some would make it out to be. Professionalism is almost nonexistent in leadership. Time to re-evaluate our leaders.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Welcome back Lady Leather. I thought you were gone.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

is your husband still locating??? and welcome back to the vine!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Howdy fellers, thanks for the welcome back. Yep he's still locating. Things never change, as you all already know. Can anyone tell me anything about Synergy One?
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

i know every guy youve mentioned here. quite well actually. has anybody heard about Vannguard picking up a few cities in illinois? how is it in Peoria, IL?

I know it's next to impossible to get in touch with anyone at synergy. Took me a year to set up the channels to get word to a locator over there to save them on a damage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12