Thread: Politics problem solved... I hope.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Politics problem solved... I hope.

I have set the politics forum up to be viewed only by those who want to see it. If you can't see it and want to be a part of it, send me a PM and let me know. I will give you the appropriate access. This means that if you don't have permissions you shouldn't see the most recent posts on the front page. If you are seeing it then let me know and I'll try and fix it. Otherwise everyone should only be able to see that it exists but shouldn't see any of the posts. This way any new people who want to be a part of it will know it is there. Thanks Steve

Thinking back to another forum I used to frequent, they set up a politics forum which quickly became a problem. People who got along soon were calling each other nasty names. I remembered that he solved the problem in this same way. It seemed to work.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Politics problem solved... I hope.

good job ........Steve!!! as usual!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

So now we get treated like Smokers - have to go sulk outside somewhere to satisfy our habit so Management can be "Politically Correct" Sign me up.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

I understand where you are coming from steve but be careful of that slippery slope. Punishing everyone for the misdeeds of a few is never a good thing especially when the choice is already there to view the post or not to view the post.

I do not care one way or the other but it's just my thoughts on the matter.

This is just the way the entire country is headed - someone always believes they need to protect us from everything - Seat belts, tobacco, trans fats, alcohol, marijuana, the list just goes on and on. Now we can add Politics. The Liberal Agenda keeps expanding and we don't even realize what's happening.

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    This is just the way the entire country is headed - someone always believes they need to protect us from everything - Seat belts, tobacco, trans fats, alcohol, marijuana, the list just goes on and on. Now we can add Politics. The Liberal Agenda keeps expanding and we don't even realize what's happening.

I told you so...

The dictator has spoken...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    I understand where you are coming from steve but be careful of that slippery slope. Punishing everyone for the misdeeds of a few is never a good thing especially when the choice is already there to view the post or not to view the post.

I do not care one way or the other but it's just my thoughts on the matter.
    nobody is being punished. The point was brought up that people who have been here for a while aren't coming back. The true reason is unknown but I suspect the reason is all the fighting on the politics forum.

I view this forum in the same respect a restaurant owner views their business. I need to maintain an atomosphere that is favorable to the customer. You all are my customers. I want you all to come back and enjoy yourselves. I think this is a good solution. those who want to view it and join in are not hustled off to some back room where they are unseen. If you have the permissions will notice no difference. Those who do not have permissions will not even know it is there.

Anyone who wants the permissions can have them. I'm not restricting anyone from seeing it. It really isn't my place to do so. If you want the permissions and don't want to participate, just PM me and I'll hook you up. It takes a matter of seconds.

Smoking or non-smoking then? I'll take smoking for one. LOL!!!

Years of Experience
    na

I m for a peaceful anarchy...

opcornsmile:

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Smoking or non-smoking then? I'll take smoking for one. LOL!!!
    Your table is ready for you, sir.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    nobody is being punished. The point was brought up that people who have been here for a while aren't coming back. The true reason is unknown but I suspect the reason is all the fighting on the politics forum.

I view this forum in the same respect a restaurant owner views their business. I need to maintain an atomosphere that is favorable to the customer. You all are my customers. I want you all to come back and enjoy yourselves. I think this is a good solution. those who want to view it and join in are not hustled off to some back room where they are unseen. If you have the permissions will notice no difference. Those who do not have permissions will not even know it is there.

Anyone who wants the permissions can have them. I'm not restricting anyone from seeing it. It really isn't my place to do so. If you want the permissions and don't want to participate, just PM me and I'll hook you up. It takes a matter of seconds.

If this is a business plan than you have to lure customers with a product...

In this case maybe quality input to attract others would come at a price...

So how bout 50$ to steps to a better locate in 500 or less words??? You know back to the old strategy(just try to keep it fair next time)...Kind of like OT or incentives companys deploy to keep good employees...

See we have no leadership/creativeness,for attracting a larger constituency...

You know "$ talks or BS thrives"...

Lets all get on the same page, and write a book on locating, in a new category for the sake of being constructive...Kind of like the way Bruce Lee altered the martial arts, we can mix the alternatives with the fundamentals just like in the real locating world (productive/reality vs fundamentals) The Art of Locating... I have the words, if other members have the concepts and proofreading skills...

Last edited by USIC1; March 29th, 2009 at 08:36 PM.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

This is not a business plan. It is just a philosophy based on business think.

I haven't the time or focus to write a book. That would take way more than I have. I think if you want to write a book on locating, you may do okay. There are no books out there commercially that deal with utilities locating. I haven't found one if there is. I haven't looked in over a year though.

Can anyone even contemplate a book written by The Sic1? Good Lord, we can't understand 1/2 of what he rambles on about and we have , at least, a fairly good idea of what he's attempting to talk about.

Maybe it would be a pop up book with half a sentence under the pictures.

Maybe it would be a pop up book with half a sentence under the pictures.
    I thought it was one of those dot to dot books. Then again he's always been good at writing fiction.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.