Thread: LocatorJobs.com Memberships

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default LocatorJobs.com Memberships

I have noticed recently that some companies, hired by utility locating companies, are posting jobs on Locatorjobs.com for free while they are charging the locating companies to find employees.

I have started a membership program on Locatorjobs.com. You must be a member to post a job. I am unable to have a membership program using the software I am using without charging to activate your membership. Actually, I can do it manually but I can't have a zero dollar amount as the membership price. If you are an actual employer then you will be charged $2.99 for a 6 month membership. If you are a recruiter or firm that finds employees for locating companies for a fee then you will be charged $50 for a 6 month membership.

I don't like the fact that locating companies are paying firms good money to find good employees and the firms are finding them for free on Locatorjobs.com. Something ain't right about that.

If you are a member of this site, let me know your locatorjobs.com username and I will activate your membership for free.

Thanks
    Steve
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: LocatorJobs.com Memberships

I do not think recruiters charge employers to post an ad on this site. I believe they get paid for successful applicants they bring in. This is what the locating companies pay these recruiters to do as they do not want to use up their own manpower.

So their posting for free is no different than the locating firms themselves posting jobs here for free.

A consideration may be that the locating professionals that use this site looking for jobs have a greater number of jobs to select from if more jobs are posted here.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

They are not charging to post on the site as far as I know. But, they are charging for their time and effort which means they are charging to post on the site indirectly.

Locatorjobs.com is a free tool for locating companies, not paid professional recruiters. I'm not going to pay for the site and maintain it at my own personal cost while they are using it to make money off other people.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Okay... I'm over my little rant. All is back to normal.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Okay... I'm over my little rant. All is back to normal.
    Dang! And I had a five page rebuttle.