Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A legal threat

Years of Experience
    na

Default Re: A legal threat

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    ok......is it just me or what ?????/ a Jeep with xm radio and company clothes with me name on them .......WOW...I may move myself!!!
    just make sure you leave the lights on... you almost cost me...

Years of Experience

Yahoo since the original post is gone let me refresh your memory on one point 30 BELOW ZERO at night and 9 for the high does it ever get down to 32 incajun land?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I was thrown out into the cold for giving a two weeks notice period.
    Wrong You were in training. Why would he continue training a person who won't be around in two weeks?

I can understand taking the employers side over the complainer since employers pay money to post ads.
    Wrong Nobody has purchased advertising space on thecablevine.com in over 2 years. The ads you see are google ads and I get very little per click. I can't even get them to purchase a premium ad on Locatorjobs.com.

And we canít call Steve up in the middle of the night, but they can have a direct conversation with him.
    Wrong He sent me an E-mail apologizing for a prior e-mail and I called him (he didn't call me) and talk with him one on one. I have had conversations with a few members of the site. Owners and locators. I've even had lunch with a member who was in town for a couple days.

If it costs him money to hire people, that is not my problem. Thatís they way business is. You win some you lose some its part of the game.
    If it costs you money to quit, that is not his problem. Thatís the way life is. You win some you lose some its part of the game.

Turn it around and now you probably don't agree with the what you just said. Or, you don't agree that it was turned around.

Markit... I challenge you to start a business and then come back in a couple years and tell us about your experiences.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Wow what a day to swing in on the vine to check in on things.
    "If people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Wrong You were in training. Why would he continue training a person who won't be around in two weeks?

Wrong Nobody has purchased advertising space on thecablevine.com in over 2 years. The ads you see are google ads and I get very little per click. I can't even get them to purchase a premium ad on Locatorjobs.com.

Wrong He sent me an E-mail apologizing for a prior e-mail and I called him (he didn't call me) and talk with him one on one. I have had conversations with a few members of the site. Owners and locators. I've even had lunch with a member who was in town for a couple days.

If it costs you money to quit, that is not his problem. Thatís the way life is. You win some you lose some its part of the game.

Turn it around and now you probably don't agree with the what you just said. Or, you don't agree that it was turned around.

Markit... I challenge you to start a business and then come back in a couple years and tell us about your experiences.
    I thought i'd peek in here to see if there were any new developments. LOL.
    I took the advice of one of your posters and "complained" to the appropriate ears. The forms were printed early this morning as soon as the fed ex rang my doorbell and I cracked open the white envelope from LF.
    I overnighted my signed forms and best seller novel to Bismarck, North Dakota.
    They'll take it from here. I trust they know more than us and can tell me if I'm entitled to my full check or not. And if I ever start another business, it won't be utility locating that's for sure Steve! lol
    You guys are too funny. I need to get off this site and resume my life. It's been a long week putting too much energy into this nonsense.
    Good all! and thanks for the inputs good and bad. Very entertaining and informative. I'll keep yall posted on the 70 hour check verdict. And I'll live with whatever they decide. Life goes on people lets break it up!

Years of Experience

Here is the bottom line on this. There is a lot of emotion here from all sides. If you stick to the facts it is pretty clear.
    The company had right to not further training. You are absolutely right Steve. Any company would have done the same in this situation. They do not have a right to withhold pay though. That is a legal fact. I do think they could have handled this and other situations better. I am glad to see markit did what he should have done from the start and that is just to call the right people. That more than anything is a great thing to know for any locator out there. There are ways to handle any situation that are professional and effective. You have to remember whatever you say or type has a bigger chance of effecting you. This goes for all of us out there. Facts are power, emotion is carnage. If you are a locator and you have your pay withheld for any reason you need to report it asap. That is your responsibility. If nothing else comes from these threads lets hope that information saves someone else from going without a paycheck.

Years of Experience

Orange....dude you're right ....what the heck was I thinking about ........!!!!!!I would never make it in the cold anywhere .....
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Yahoo since the original post is gone let me refresh your memory on one point 30 BELOW ZERO at night and 9 for the high does it ever get down to 32 incajun land?
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123