Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Judge orders google to reveal bloggers identity

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Default Re: Judge orders google to reveal bloggers identity

Quote Originally Posted by GPGrasshopper View Post
    How can that be a bad thing???
    It can be a VERY bad thing. The locating companies that most of us work for don't want anyone to know the truth, and that is a FACT.

They like to keep things a secret, and most of us know how that goes.

These companies don't want to hear the truth. When it comes down to it, all they care about if the image of their top brass and their revenue....

I still say I should start my own locating company, where the locators are treated with RESPECT, DIGNITY, and not have to worry about someone either "nickle and diming" them to death, or flat out lying to them to their face.

Can such a company exist? Yes it can, if I start it.
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by locator_smbk View Post
    It can be a VERY bad thing. The locating companies that most of us work for don't want anyone to know the truth, and that is a FACT.

They like to keep things a secret, and most of us know how that goes.

These companies don't want to hear the truth. When it comes down to it, all they care about if the image of their top brass and their revenue....

I still say I should start my own locating company, where the locators are treated with RESPECT, DIGNITY, and not have to worry about someone either "nickle and diming" them to death, or flat out lying to them to their face.

Can such a company exist? Yes it can, if I start it.
    Someone beat you to it. I already work for a company like that.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

?????????Did I miss something in this thread?????????

It seems to have changed on the second page.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    ?????????Did I miss something in this thread?????????

It seems to have changed on the second page.

It aint the thread...

Your just missin somethin...

To easy... to easy...

I'm pretty sure censorship is no longer allowed in the U.S. and if it's not, then why the hell did we fight all those wars for our freedom?
    If these locate companies don't want their dirty laundry aired over the net, maybe it would behoove them to clean up their acts!
    People who have legitimate beefs have every right to air those beefs!
    Big Brother can simply go to hell. If you as a company suck, then I as a locator have the right to say so!
    As the saying goes, a lie has no defense and the truth needs none!

Years of Experience

well said dude!!!! maybe you should have been a lawyer!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Banned

"nickle and diming" them to death are u talking about ECSM in NEW JERSEY

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I heard ECSM in NJ makes Penis? Can anybody back up this statement?
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GPGrasshopper View Post
    From Threadwatch, the New Jersey state legislature is considering a bill that would disallow anonymous speech on forums. While this only relates to New Jersey law, the proposed bill is pretty bold in its attempts and could set a precedent for other states or even national law if passed.

“This bill would require an operator of any interactive computer service or an Internet service provider to establish, maintain and enforce a policy requiring an information content provider who posts messages on a public forum website either to be identified by legal name and address or to register a legal name and address with the operator or provider prior to posting messages on a public forum website.”

AussieWebmaster makes the following interesting comment, “Guess the freedom to be yourself means that you have to be yourself.”

Rosemary Port (29) and (inset) Liskula Cohen (37).
    Internet search giant Google Inc. is facing a $15 million lawsuit initiated by
    Ms. Rosemary Port, an anonymous blogger, who was unmasked by the company
    after being directed by a New York court order to do so.

Liskula was outraged when this party photo, with her friend "Smooth," was found online.

Comments by Ms. Port, creator of "Skanks in NYC" blog, about Liskula Cohen:

"How old is this skank? 40 something?"

"She's a psychotic, lying, whore still going to clubs at her age. SKANK!"

"She may have been hot 10 years ago, but is it really attractive to watch this old hag straddle dudes in a nightclub or lounge?"

Another Liskula Cohen Party Picture

Cohen got particularly lawsuit-y over one caption, made by Ms. Port, on a shot of Cohen's face near her pal's crotch that read "Nothing like opening wide to take that thing into my mouth, AGAIN!" (a rant or behavior I've never witnessed at the'Vine - Wing)

The model, however, decided not to continue with a defamation suit against Ms. Port, saying she was relieved that the blogger was "an irrelevant person in my life" and not a friend or family member. (probably because no chance in HELL Liskula could win her case - Wing) Ms. Port was someone she encountered whenever she would go out to bars and restaurants in New York, Ms. Cohen said.

According to media reports, Ms. Port and Ms. Cohen, who knew each other from Manhattan's fashion scene, fell out after the model badmouthed Ms. Port to her ex-boyfriend. (I smell a cat-fight brewing - Wing)

"Before her suit, there were probably two hits on my website: one from me looking at it, and one from her looking at it," Ms. Port said.

"By going to the press, she (Ms. Cohen) defamed herself," she said.

Ms. Port also said she would also sue Google for failing to protect the rights of its users and breaching its fiduciary duty to protect her expectation of anonymity.

So with the big reveal, Cohen learned that, SURPRISE, the anonyblogger was an acquaintance of hers. Probably another model -- you know what lying, psychotic whores they are.

-----------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

what ever happened to freedom of speech? oh ya thats right you cant say shit in this country any more
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

Years of Experience

Privacy advocates fearing that this is simply another way to kill anonymity on the Internet. Internet users will be held accountable for every key stroke made while on-line. Attempts to commit malicious acts will be traced to the individual and not the originating computer, and act as a deterrent.

Craig Mundie, chief research and strategy officer for Microsoft, said, "The Internet is the biggest command and control center for every bad guy out there."

Mundie and other experts have said there is a growing need to police the internet to clampdown on fraud, espionage and the spread of viruses.

He also called for a "driver's license" for internet users.

"If you want to drive a car you have to have a license to say that you are capable of driving a car, the car has to pass a test to say it is fit to drive and you have to have insurance."

Andre Kudelski, chairman of Kudelski Group, said that a new internet might have to be created forcing people to have two computers that cannot connect and pass on viruses. "One internet for secure operations (Internet2) and one internet for freedom."

------------------------------------------------------

Banned

1st: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2nd: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You can run ,but u would only die tired *swa tactics*

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Most of the people that are standing about their soap boxes screaming about their right to bear arms forget resight the whole statement.

I am all for freedom of speech. To many read something on the internet and take it as gospel. In newspaper they research everything to cover liability issues. If these bloggers want to state it , why do they hide behind the curtain of the internet and not post their name to the reports and blogs and own them. Sounds more like the blogger has issues with this girl. Before the internet they would just spread rumors in the cliques. For 37 ithink she still looks pretty good, i wish i could find something like that around me lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12