Thread: How do you set up a Poll?

Years of Experience

Default How do you set up a Poll?

Been working and trying to set up a poll on the Vine Poll section. Can anybody tell me how to do it?
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How do you set up a Poll?

Check it out at the FAQ. Click Here

Years of Experience

well you heard it from the dictator so there's not much more i can say???? ha
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

I'm curious to see what your survey question is going to be. Try these sample questions - "Should One Vision bail out of Indiana, since we obviously have no clue as to what we were doing?" or "Should we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure we had hired quality,trained people and not SM&P's flunkies" that came on board from CLS and only had phone experience? Just a couple suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Plant Protector View Post
    I'm curious to see what your survey question is going to be. Try these sample questions - "Should One Vision bail out of Indiana, since we obviously have no clue as to what we were doing?" or "Should we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure we had hired quality,trained people and not SM&P's flunkies" that came on board from CLS and only had phone experience? Just a couple suggestions.
    I take offense to this PP for 2 reasons.

#1- I am not now, nor have I ever been an employee of CLS.

#2-try being a little more selective when you use the term "flunkie", it's true I am a product of SM&P, but I assure you I am NO flunkie, I have done and still do phone,electric,gas and catv, and am quite good at it!!

Years of Experience

Ah, another bottom feeder rises to the top for a gulp of air...........

No bailing, no flunkies, still adding a few more quality-oriented folks to the ranks, but all in all the transition is going pretty good.

Thanks for your concern - You should be proud that this is your first post too!

Let me re-phrase, I know a few guys in the field that know what they are doing. I am referring to the ones that do not carry the same work ethic or code of professionalism that is a MUST in what we do. If you do what you are supposed to and don't leave the job until you are 100% confident in what you did, then you should not feel offended. There are quite a few who just throw up their hands at the first sign of a problem, then just pack up and leave and not inform anyone of what's going on. Communication is a BIG key part of what we do, if you don't communicate with the contractor, that leads to the ASSUMPTION that nothing is there and that leads to damages that can get someone hurt or killed! Take pride in what you do, and as much as I hate coin a certain phrase seen out there "Your Mark is Your Word" and that is something you want people to trust in.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Uhhh... I've met plenty of locators who were 100% confident that they have located what they were supposed to locate.... Boy were they surprised when they had to come back to the site of a damage. You should have confidence in your personal abilities. There are always unforseen circumstances at job sites that cloud the issue of locating.

I have no personal experience with OVUS, but all contract locating companies hire tools from time to time. Every profession has to weed out the bad canidates from the good.
    Specialy in a new area.

mke

Let me re-phrase, I know a few guys in the field that know what they are doing. I am referring to the ones that do not carry the same work ethic or code of professionalism that is a MUST in what we do. If you do what you are supposed to and don't leave the job until you are 100% confident in what you did, then you should not feel offended. There are quite a few who just throw up their hands at the first sign of a problem, then just pack up and leave and not inform anyone of what's going on. Communication is a BIG key part of what we do, if you don't communicate with the contractor, that leads to the ASSUMPTION that nothing is there and that leads to damages that can get someone hurt or killed! Take pride in what you do, and as much as I hate coin a certain phrase seen out there "Your Mark is Your Word" and that is something you want people to trust in.
    PP,I didn't make it 16 years in this business with my damage ratio and the contractor relations I have, without being 100% certain on each and every locate,that I had at least done all I could to Locate everything accurately, and if I couldn't get it, I called someone for back up.

MKE is correct....sort of,
    there are plenty of instances where a locator believed they had in fact located everything correctly without a doubt and then got a damage, but I believe that person would be a newbie.

any locator who truly knows what he/she is doing will know that something is wrong with the signal....there's something wrong with the strength,or follow it out and it doesn't take them where it should, SOMETHING's going to tell that "seasoned" locator there's something not right here, then after trying everything, they still can't get it...then the smart locator calls someone for help.

even after 16 years and seeing what I THINK is everything I could possibly see, I still learn something everyday

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    Been working and trying to set up a poll on the Vine Poll section. Can anybody tell me how to do it?
    Dig a hole and drop it in?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix827 View Post
    Dig a hole and drop it in?
    What took you so long? I guess I'll need a "poll truck" to get 'er done!

AAHHH! another sm&p fool who cant get over the fact that they lost one of there big contracts.... Here we go with the whole smp flunky/reject bit...Maybe some of the better ones should have went with the new company...like the guy up north who skinned an AIR CORE CABLE thinking he could get to the grounding sheath that way...I think thats the same guy who also skinned a secondary thinking it was a cable tv feeder. Or how about some of the A$$ KISSERS like Ritchie who shove there head so far up the managers rear end that they can see his throat. I cant believe how immature smp is being about this situation they are really showing there true colors. I think Craig needs to get on with his life and not worry so much about the fact that he lost nipsco wright in smp's back yard.