Thread: Hello CableViners

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Hello CableViners

I want to apologize to all who frequent this site often. I first have to admit that I haven't been coming here as often as most of you nor as often as I should. So, when I did visit recently and I saw it was off-line I went into a small panic. I then went to GoDaddy.com, the registrar, and saw that the domain had expired. Even more panic. I wanted to get it back but they were asking something like $115 to renew the domain. So, I called them and asked very nicely if they could help me out since it was set to auto-renew so this wouldn't happen. They ended up renewing it for $50. So, it took a couple days for the DNS information to re-propogate through the system (I'm guessing) before the site would come on line. Well it is back up and I'm not sure what to do about it.

I pay monthly for this site ($25) and I really don't visit it like I used to or should (as mentioned earlier). The google ads I place earn me like $5 a month. There isn't much money in it. Anyway, Part of me wants to keep it going and the other part of me wants to move on. A couple of people have mentioned taking it off my hands, also. That is something to think about. If I did relinquish it, I would do it as a package. Thecablevine.com, utilityes.com and the facebook group.

Any input from the community would be appreciated.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    a few

Default Re: Hello CableViners

I would give you $150 a year to be your partner on the cable vine make me an admin and give me your email address and I will paypal you, mine is Bryce@seattledrainservice.com Let me know that way you are not out of it.

Years of Experience
    a few

Or if you really just want to sell shoot me a price. Thanks!

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Any number of locate companies would be glad to take it off you hands. Then they could shut it down or use it to gather info on the posters here.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I want to apologize to all who frequent this site often. I first have to admit that I haven't been coming here as often as most of you nor as often as I should. So, when I did visit recently and I saw it was off-line I went into a small panic. I then went to GoDaddy.com, the registrar, and saw that the domain had expired. Even more panic. I wanted to get it back but they were asking something like $115 to renew the domain. So, I called them and asked very nicely if they could help me out since it was set to auto-renew so this wouldn't happen. They ended up renewing it for $50. So, it took a couple days for the DNS information to re-propogate through the system (I'm guessing) before the site would come on line. Well it is back up and I'm not sure what to do about it.

I pay monthly for this site ($25) and I really don't visit it like I used to or should (as mentioned earlier). The google ads I place earn me like $5 a month. There isn't much money in it. Anyway, Part of me wants to keep it going and the other part of me wants to move on. A couple of people have mentioned taking it off my hands, also. That is something to think about. If I did relinquish it, I would do it as a package. Thecablevine.com, utilityes.com and the facebook group.

Any input from the community would be appreciated.
    PM me an address and I will send some money. I can no longer work as a locator, or anything else, but we have to stand up for the poor bastards still locating.