Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Facebook is killing forums.

  1. #16
    Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    1,808
    Years of Experience
    20
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    I'm still here at least once a day.
    Wingfoot likes this.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia


  2. #17
    Administrator TheCableVine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,944
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    I did some looking around this weekend but didn't come up with much. I'll brain storm it.

    Any ideas would be good.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

  3. #18
    Premium Member daman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Off the deep end
    Posts
    1,145
    Years of Experience
    17 years
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    I've nearly downloaded the entire contents of my brain onto the vine already and don't have much left to add.

    Steve, I'm hoping you will keep this site open at least until my robot body is built so I can upload my brain as it is being stored in thecablevine archives.
    yahoo and TheCableVine like this.

  4. #19
    Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    1,808
    Years of Experience
    20
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    What Wing Said.



    Unless this place is a financial drain, if that's the case, then you should dump this place like a dead hooker.
    yahoo likes this.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia


  5. #20
    Administrator TheCableVine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,944
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    Well, I've had to dump dead hookers before.
    yahoo and Mark like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

  6. #21
    Premium Member daman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Off the deep end
    Posts
    1,145
    Years of Experience
    17 years
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    There once was a hermit named Dave.
    He kept a dead whore in his cave.
    She was missing a tit and she smelled like shit.
    But think of the money he saved.

    Last edited by daman1; October 9th, 2016 at 01:54 PM.

  7. #22
    Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,343
    Years of Experience
    20
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    I am not a facebook user. When a google or other search engine shows a list of sites some are facebook. When I surf to the facebook site on the link a 'SIGN IN' panel come up blocking the page site" I click on 'NOT NOW' and the panel shifts down but still blocks half the page. This discourages people from viewing the site and hampers attracting new people to the site.

  8. #23
    Senior Member yahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,936
    Years of Experience
    15
    Rep Power
    168

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    I think maybe we may need to revisit this thread ???? I can not believe I am saying this .......
    Mark and Mke like this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    around the corner
    Posts
    558
    Years of Experience
    21
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    I sent a request to join the Cablevine FB page and was turned down? Guess they didn't like me.
    The Big-E likes this.

  10. #25
    Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,343
    Years of Experience
    20
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    I think maybe we may need to revisit this thread ???? I can not believe I am saying this .......
    I created a FB account and joined a local page. I find FB is useless for the in depth conversations we have here.
    Mke likes this.

  11. #26
    Premium Member daman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Off the deep end
    Posts
    1,145
    Years of Experience
    17 years
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    I sent a request to join the Cablevine FB page and was turned down? Guess they didn't like me.
    Awww.... dont let it get you down OB. We still luvya man.

    Facebook sux. Anything you say can, and will be used against you sooner or later.
    orangeboots likes this.

  12. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    25
    Years of Experience
    8
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    I created a FB account and joined a local page. I find FB is useless for the in depth conversations we have here.
    That’s true, you have to consider your audience.
    Facebook and Forums are too different from each other. Facebook is for my family and friends. I don’t wanna talk about locating on Facebook! If I wanna fix or learn about my Audi , I go to an Audi forum and have more in depth discussions about my specific issue.
    We are having niche conversations here about the locating industry.
    I would go with the forum only. Imagine... people willing to create new content for your website day after day without them even realizing it. Plus, they benefit tremendously from your opinions and other members' advice.

    With a facebook group, you still have to attract people there. Plus when they leave posts and create content... they're are creating content for facebook - not your site. Plus on your forum, you can put whatever kind of advertising that you want on there.
    The only one making money off the advertising in a Facebook group is... Facebook.

    Besides the advertising freedom you get with your own forum, you can organize the content in various categories, allow "threads" of related posts, and even designate any part(s) of the forum as "premium" and charge a monthly fee for access to that premium content.

    With your own forum, you set the rules rather than having someone else setting the rules for you.
    yahoo and daman1 like this.

  13. #28
    Premium Member daman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Off the deep end
    Posts
    1,145
    Years of Experience
    17 years
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    Plus Steve won't sell your contact data to the DNC. Or would he? Hmmmmmm.......
    Mke likes this.

  14. #29
    Senior Member Wingfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    4,569
    Years of Experience
    20
    Rep Power
    195

    Default Facebook is killing forums.





    In 2001, Leader Technologies, Inc. applied for a U.S. patent for the the programming code for what has become Facebook. Patent attorney James P. Chandler, III, representing Leader Technologies, Inc., stole the code from Leader and handed it to IBM for an undisclosed amount of money.

    Leader Technologies, Inc. had no way of knowing their patent attorney James P. Chandler was working intimately with the Secretary for the Department of Defense’s Highlands Forum to weaponize the Internet. Chandler held illegal private meetings with favored private companies to set policy on how the Internet would be controlled and profited by the military-industrial complex.

    This cabal of military-industrial complex criminals have used Leader’s invention 17 years for free. Leader’s shareholders across the country are starting to file Miller Act Notice to demand that President Donald Trump pay them for using their property without compensation.

    IBM partnered with the CIA to militarize the stolen Leader programming code by adding a “back-door” to the code. Mark Zuckerberg is a mere stooge of the rogue C.I.A. and was given the stolen, militarized programming code from the IBM Eclipse Foundation to start Facebook.

    On Sep. 26, 2009, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the State Department entered into a secret contract with Facebook for $120,000 (GSA SAQMMA09M1870) to build “a template (micro-targeting) for winning elections using advanced Facebook marketing.” This contract was managed by “Dmitry Shevelenko,” known to be an American FBI/Russian double agent spy. Here is the G.S.A. contract:




    All activity on Facebook is stored on an international database. Personal information on all Facebook members is sold every second to anyone willing to pay $3.54 for each member's report; an invasion of privacy that is currently being tested in the Australian courts. Facebook “micro-targeting” is favored by politicians (liberals) who use this data to “redline” the citizens that received political information, manufacturing attitudes and beliefs, leading to “managed citizenship.” Sophisticated voter databases now contain everything from political party data gleaned through millions of interactions with the electorate, public data obtained from state agencies, and commercial marketing information that is bought and sold on international open markets.


    Hillary's 2016 campaign paid Facebook
    $750,000 to rig her election!


    The 2016 US presidential election revealed the new ways that individuals can be profiled, identified, found, tracked, and messaged to on social media platforms. Hillary used Facebook's micro-targeting attempting to decrease Trump voter turnout by sending negative messages to the likely Trump voters in the hopes this will make them less excited to turn out for their candidate.

    In American elections, citizens have a solemn right to a free and fair election. Citizens have the right to assume that no government representative will use their position of public trust to interfere in an election in favor of either candidate. When a government representative interferes in an election, that crime is called “election tampering” and is a violation of The Hatch Act. Instigators of election tampering must be imprisoned.


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  15. #30
    Premium Member daman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Off the deep end
    Posts
    1,145
    Years of Experience
    17 years
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Re: Facebook is killing forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post




    In 2001, Leader Technologies, Inc. applied for a U.S. patent for the the programming code for what has become Facebook. Patent attorney James P. Chandler, III, representing Leader Technologies, Inc., stole the code from Leader and handed it to IBM for an undisclosed amount of money.

    Leader Technologies, Inc. had no way of knowing their patent attorney James P. Chandler was working intimately with the Secretary for the Department of Defense’s Highlands Forum to weaponize the Internet. Chandler held illegal private meetings with favored private companies to set policy on how the Internet would be controlled and profited by the military-industrial complex.

    This cabal of military-industrial complex criminals have used Leader’s invention 17 years for free. Leader’s shareholders across the country are starting to file Miller Act Notice to demand that President Donald Trump pay them for using their property without compensation.

    IBM partnered with the CIA to militarize the stolen Leader programming code by adding a “back-door” to the code. Mark Zuckerberg is a mere stooge of the rogue C.I.A. and was given the stolen, militarized programming code from the IBM Eclipse Foundation to start Facebook.

    On Sep. 26, 2009, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the State Department entered into a secret contract with Facebook for $120,000 (GSA SAQMMA09M1870) to build “a template (micro-targeting) for winning elections using advanced Facebook marketing.” This contract was managed by “Dmitry Shevelenko,” known to be an American FBI/Russian double agent spy. Here is the G.S.A. contract:




    All activity on Facebook is stored on an international database. Personal information on all Facebook members is sold every second to anyone willing to pay $3.54 for each member's report; an invasion of privacy that is currently being tested in the Australian courts. Facebook “micro-targeting” is favored by politicians (liberals) who use this data to “redline” the citizens that received political information, manufacturing attitudes and beliefs, leading to “managed citizenship.” Sophisticated voter databases now contain everything from political party data gleaned through millions of interactions with the electorate, public data obtained from state agencies, and commercial marketing information that is bought and sold on international open markets.


    Hillary's 2016 campaign paid Facebook
    $750,000 to rig her election!


    The 2016 US presidential election revealed the new ways that individuals can be profiled, identified, found, tracked, and messaged to on social media platforms. Hillary used Facebook's micro-targeting attempting to decrease Trump voter turnout by sending negative messages to the likely Trump voters in the hopes this will make them less excited to turn out for their candidate.

    In American elections, citizens have a solemn right to a free and fair election. Citizens have the right to assume that no government representative will use their position of public trust to interfere in an election in favor of either candidate. When a government representative interferes in an election, that crime is called “election tampering” and is a violation of The Hatch Act. Instigators of election tampering must be imprisoned.


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Informed people knew they were doing this. It only became an issue because outsiders learned the trick. Twitter and FB bots have been scewing public perceptions long before last year.
    I always figured when you have to hide your intentions and misrepresent your position to win, you are probably not interested in what's best for anyone but yourself.
    Wingfoot and yahoo like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •