Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you get talked to by your manager?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Did you get talked to by your manager?

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    My bad. You're right. I thought at one time I saw that it was a federal law that employers were required to give breaks and meal periods depending on how many hours an employee worked. After doing a little homework it appears that it's not federal law to allow any type of break, though states vary with their labor laws regarding break and meal times that employers are required to allow. So I guess I will have to watch what I do during work hours.
    Here in the great state of Idaho, we, by law, get an unpaid lunch and two paid 15 minute breaks.

I guess the laws vary by state as suggested earlier.

I'm pretty sure I have never signed a 'Non Disclosure' agreement with any company I have ever worked for. Also I don't think mass company wide emails are 'privileged' communications.

That being said let me say this. Don't jeopardize your current employment by posting emails. Right now jobs are getting harder to find and to blow yourself up for any reason isn't smart.

Now we all know that this job has enough to bitch and complain about, we all know these companies like to keep information close to the vest whenever possible, the bigger the company the more they like to play the 'top secret' game. Unless your check starts bouncing or not showing up all together, unless you are being told to violate company policy and procedure (knowing full well it's YOUR ASS on the line), it's best just to go about your business and do your job the best way you can.

Petty bullshit WILL GET YOU FIRED. It will also get you black balled from future employment.

Years of Experience

no lunch break laws in my state...........
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by TVega View Post
    well said dude. You mean Central Locating Services with a different name AKA USIC? When they mess that name up, then they will pop up with a different one. I still can't believe SM&P which in my opinion had something good going merged with those ASplundh crooks.

We saved your asses!!!!!!!!

SM&P and there antiquated BS could nt survive on its own...Then we had to accept most of that framework hampering our execution and lowering our benefits...

Our managers constantly talked numbers and damages coming from the SM&P side and how they are holding back earnings and our having to carry you all....

Its been a downhill slide ever since...

You should only post about things you really don't care if the whole world knows about it. This is a public forum... if you can't say something that you don't want repeated... don't post it here.

Years of Experience

well said gypsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Hey Sic1 if SM&P is really that bad why is it all of the wrecked truck pictures they put out are of CLS trucks? By the way, we are still producing here in Texas - no layoffs here.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    na

We re out here racin around to make up for you guys...

and doing that w/o suckin em dry on O/T...

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TVega View Post
    hihihihi they are probably checking the employee roster to see if there are any Vegas. I am too smart for that. Please, if there happens to be a Vega out there in Sarasota, don't call him and ask if he posted on the vine and threaten him or her with losing their job for being a member. I made that name up. Just incase. I have a feeling it's CLS in Tampa that contacted Steve. I bet $500 bucks the complainer was from Florida
    TVega=John Spruce! No need to thank me John, I'm just trying to help you out there buddy.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have never signed a 'Non Disclosure' agreement with any company I have ever worked for. Also I don't think mass company wide emails are 'privileged' communications.

That being said let me say this. Don't jeopardize your current employment by posting emails. Right now jobs are getting harder to find and to blow yourself up for any reason isn't smart.

Now we all know that this job has enough to bitch and complain about, we all know these companies like to keep information close to the vest whenever possible, the bigger the company the more they like to play the 'top secret' game. Unless your check starts bouncing or not showing up all together, unless you are being told to violate company policy and procedure (knowing full well it's YOUR ASS on the line), it's best just to go about your business and do your job the best way you can.

Petty bullshit WILL GET YOU FIRED. It will also get you black balled from future employment.

You are so spot on with this. That is what I was trying to say in my last post. Watch your backside or it will be getting hit by the preverbial door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12