Thread: Boycotting the weekly chat events...

Years of Experience
    na

A word to the wise on volunteering information in these weekly chat forums-

Volunteering occupational, and non-occupational information may threaten ones employment welfare if two and two are put together by those known, and unknown lying in wait in the shadows...

Is that a risk one can afford???

I would like to suggest everyone considering, and currently participating in these chat forums to boycott all future communique (including Ifindit) on the grounds of making incriminating remarks (whether you or others realize it or not), and jeopardizing ones employment status if anonymity is compromised over getting all chummy in the chat forum thingy...

These days with employers microscoping you on, and off the job, and the awareness brought to your attention by site admin of maintainng a conservative disposition when posting, I would find it in everyones best interest to abstain from certain info involving family, dependents, activities, and hobbies which may be construed in any fashion creating a risk to employment and benefits...

So to some this issue up, or sneaking over to the switch to turn out the lights to this party before having the opportunity to make a grand entrance (not that I m that type you all know), I wish everyone to consider, and reconsider where they stand on this open incrimination/chat platform, and my best interests for all of you, and protecting everyone from the risks you pose to yourselves...

All that food at the parents!!! Now Im back and ready!!! LLOSSSTTTIITTTT!!?!?! YOU PIECE A WORK !!!

Carry-on
    Last edited by USIC1; January 7th, 2010 at 08:31 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Boycotting the weekly chat events...

i would love to see my company try to fire me for anything i ever say in this forum... that would be fun
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

hmmmm.....

someone sign a non-disclosure agreement?

mke

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

This is a valid concern. In general a company can dismiss an employee for saying things like the company does a bad job even if the statement is true. Comes under the heading that some sort of loyalty is due one's employer.

From what I have heard it is considered a just cause for termination and do not expect to win any civil lawsuit. To protect myself I will not divulge where I heard it but I find the source reliable. Anybody else can think what they want.

So be very careful of what you say. Plus consider once someone can figure out who you are they can look up all your past posts in the forums.

I noticed when I signed on last Sunday it still showed text from the previous weeks chat session. Perhaps the site operators can consider a way to wipe text from old chat sessions.

Years of Experience

Usic1 you are one to talk you are to number one crap stirer in the company huh huh

Years of Experience

WHAT usic1?????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

in a since he is right be careful what you say on here trust me i know from experience that people are monitoring what you say trust me

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    Usic1 you are one to talk you are to number one crap stirer in the company huh huh
    WHO ???

Me !!!!??

Pushing the envelope on moving target policies???

Keeping management on their toes trying to get clarity on grey areas???

NNNnnnooooo!!!

I only wish Lostit was somewhere in my leadership chain, but ingredient concerns making donuts will have to be ventured into at a later time...