A while back a Facebook friend posted a picture of a jar of coins and asked people to guess how many coins were in the jar.
I thought this would be a fun contest to have here on TheCableVine.com... Here is the contest: Guess the correct dollar amount of coins in the bowl and win $100.00
- You must be the first to guess correctly the amount of dollars and cents in the bowl of coins in the picture above.
- Use the following format: $12.34
- Guesses in any other format than the format above will not be acknowledged whether correct or incorrect.
- Do not ask any questions about the bowl or number of coins. I will not answer them. I have purposely used a bowl that would be hard to guess the dimensions so the contest would be more challenging. The only thing I will say about the coins are that I dumped my change jar into the bowl and then counted the coins. So the types of coins are random. I will post a few clues about the coins in the "CLUES" section at the end of this post.
- If you don't understand the contest or the rules please ask. I will be happy to answer your questions. NO PMs. Ask all questions on this forum.
- Starting Monday the 18th of Nov. each Member will get 1 guess per day. The winners account will be checked against other IP addresses and E-mail addresses to determine if the winner used multiple accounts.
- Starting Monday the 18th of Nov. Premium Members will get a total of 2 guesses per day. You do not need to be a premium member to win. You can upgrade to premium membership at anytime during the contest to receive the extra guesses. You can sign up for a premium membership here.
- If you do not have a membership and you use more than 1 guess, you will be disqualified. Purchasing a membership after the fact will not re-qualify you. YOU MUST VERIFY your membership status before you use extra guesses. If you don't know how to do that please PM me and I will tell you your status and when your membership expires.
- On Monday and Thursday of each week I will add a clue. Clues will be given until we have a winner.
- All guesses must be made on this forum in this thread. Guesses in any other forum or thread will not be acknowledged whether correct or incorrect. Guesses through Private Messages will not be acknowledged whether correct or incorrect.
- I will check at least once a day to see if a person has guessed correctly. If you make a guess and I don't acknowldege whether it is correct or not it probably means I haven't seen it yet.
- I will post at least once per day if the guesses so far are correct or not. I will not tell if anybody is close or not. You could be off by 1 penny and I will only say it is incorrect.
- All clues will be given in this post. I will edit this post to add the clues. If you don't see a change in this post you may need to re-load the page or clear your cache and then re-load. I am not responsible if your computer is showing the old information after I have updated this post.
- I reserve the right to modify these rules as needed. Rules will only be modified to make the contest more fair or to remove any confusion. Rule modifications will be highlighted in RED for your convenience.
1. There are no pennies in the bowl.
2. There are 924 coins in the bowl.
3. The total weight of the coins only is 157.85 ounces. My scale only measures in increments of .05 ounces.
4. There are exactly 212 dimes in the bowl of coins.
5. The ratio of Quarters to Nickels is between 10:1 and 11:1
6th clue to come on Thursday, Nov. 21st.