Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Nulca

Years of Experience

Default Re: Nulca

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Just a quick observation. A locator may want to get involved with NULCA even if it is just through teleconferencing. But I think any locator would agree that as much as they want to get involved they might have a hard time doing it during the busy season. I know I couldn't focus on a meeting when I have tickets to do. But that is just me.

It seems to me that through this forum the locators ARE getting involved. Is there anyway to bring the two together in a way that would involve the locator when they have the time, even if it is just reading and commenting after they are off work for the day?

Maybe a subject for an upcoming meeting could be posted and the resulting comments taken to the meeting and discussed, or something along those lines? My proposal seems kinda simplistic but I think you get my point.
    I will be happy to post the agenda for the next face-to-face Board Meeting (Locate Rodeo July), and receive comments & input from this esteemed group.

I will also post the conference bridge call in numbers and scheduled meeting times for those who have the interest and ability to "tune in".

Hopefully, this can segway into the "election" of a locator representative that could attend at least one face-to-face board meeting each year. I would be happy to champion the motion to cover travel and lodging expenses for the locator representative to the board.

Years of Experience

maybe the conference could be video taped and then those that missed it could watch it posted to a web site like maybe youtube... or here.... and then just leave an area for comments to be made under each video. could have discussion and ideas grow in the comments section. maybe post the video in a members only side of the vine.... keep the trolls out.
    yahoo and daman1 like this.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KaineF View Post
    maybe the conference could be video taped and then those that missed it could watch it posted to a web site like maybe youtube... or here.... and then just leave an area for comments to be made under each video. could have discussion and ideas grow in the comments section. maybe post the video in a members only side of the vine.... keep the trolls out.

Not a bad idea. How about a NULCA section Steve, one that information can be posted, but threads cannot. Nor can comments be posted. Just an information only section. It could also consist of links (like a youtube video of a NULCA board meeting as Kaine suggested), this way it doesn't turn a fiasco that loses it's effect because of bickering. I would suggest only the mods and 1 representative (Greg) be allowed to post or delete information in that section. Anyone who wants to remark about Nulca or the postings within that forum can do it in any other section of this site, as they always have.

EDIT: I see, I am indeed posting in a Nulca Dedicated forum. So, why not do a Nulca "Sticky" type section instead....
    Last edited by ifinditunderground; April 24th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

That's a good idea. I'll have to look into it and figure out how that works. How would locators give input then? All posts could be set for moderation so if anybody posts a useless rant or something along those lines it will never be seen by anybody. All constructive posts will be approved and then all can see and comment.

Maybe? Yes? No?
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    That's a good idea. I'll have to look into it and figure out how that works. How would locators give input then? All posts could be set for moderation so if anybody posts a useless rant or something along those lines it will never be seen by anybody. All constructive posts will be approved and then all can see and comment.

Maybe? Yes? No?
    I think just keeping NULCA specific business locked up and only allow postings by one person for NULCA specific BUSINESS and Links, etc. only would be the way to go. Since there is a Nulca specific forum here, discussion and rebuttals could be discussed freely at any time within the forum itself by starting a thread.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

I am inquiring about video taping or video conferencing the board meeting(s). We may have to consider a simple video recorder in the corner of the room as we are often at the mercy of the venue we are meeting at for such services and they usually cost premium++. For instance, meeting at the hotel meeting space, we are charged $40 for a carafe of coffee, $150 to $200 for a conference bridge and we have to supply our own call in number, so I am certain that a video conference link would be astronomical in cost, but I will inquire for certain. We may have to settle for the camera in the corner of the room to see how it goes.

I will absolutely post the meeting agenda, as far in advance of the meeting as possible, to collect input and comments from this group.

Years of Experience

Couldn't someone just do a live blog? Seems simpler than video and then you wouldn't need to worry about quality of sound or video.

I watch and read completed ones all the time for the tech web-sites.
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience

Well Cipher, I had not thought of a Live Blog, thank you...I just established an account with Livestream and we will give this a try. I will keep you posted and create an invitation to view the live stream for the meeting following ratification by the entire board, gotta follow the procedures and formalities...
    yahoo, UULC and headcipher like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12