Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Forum... NULCA

Cool Re: New Forum... NULCA

Phaedrus here. Duh. How do you locate without drug tests? Is it that different in Alberta, I'm assuming Canada?

Default Re: New Forum... NULCA

I'm new to the site. Y'all mentioned surveying and engineering. That's what led me eventually to locating. About 12 years rod & instrument, a couple locating. Now I've got neither in this pathetic economy. Virtually homeless now. Suggestions? Phaedrus.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Phaedrus here. Duh. How do you locate without drug tests? Is it that different in Alberta, I'm assuming Canada?
    Well, that is indeed a good question!!

I have not heard of one person in our company that has been asked to pee in a bottle. That is NOT to say that it hasn't happened, just that I have never heard of it happening IN OUR COMPANY>

Having said that, everyone who hires on signs for and agrees to the contents of an employee contract. Within that document is a stipulation that if requested, you must submit to a drug test, or, one supposes, be dismissed.

In some industries, like long haul trucking, it is more prevelent and a more pressing concern, but do not believe that generally it is a wide spread practice throughout the province.

Again though, have not researched it to any extent so do not TRULY know how wide spread the practice of drug testing is.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    Ah, his referencing your janitorial division and your locating division.... Pay no attention to GWJ - he's a very conflicted (and possibly demented) individual.....

Don't ever get in a golf cart with him!
    Ouch! What, you think that just becaise you got a check at the locate rodeo you can talk trash?

Congrats on your performance in the gas division!

Next time, I am pushing you out of a moving golf cart!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123