Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do you cover your equipment with?

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default Re: what do you cover your equipment with?

for $3 i buy a box of 15 clear tall kitchen bags, last ethe whole dig season.

I like to know where i have 8 hr of carry over tickets that i can bill from my house when it rains. Since we need pic and physicaly go to every locte and in my company falsing billing out tickets have had guys seeking new jobs. You would think the companies that make the equipment would understand they are used outdoors in all weather and would make them water tight. Same with the guy that purchases the cameras we use, iowuld get a camera that can be dropped or used in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    I like to know where i have 8 hr of carry over tickets that i can bill from my house when it rains. Since we need pic and physicaly go to every locte and in my company falsing billing out tickets have had guys seeking new jobs.
    If I have to explain it then there is no use in even trying. BUT there are ways to do it just have to think a little.

False billing...never said to not put paint on the ground. That would be false billing if you didnt actually do the locate.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sling'n paint View Post
    If I have to explain it then there is no use in even trying. BUT there are ways to do it just have to think a little.

False billing...never said to not put paint on the ground. That would be false billing if you didnt actually do the locate.
    sling i can tell you have been doing this for a while newer guys that do not have the knowledge will never understand how to self save... my advice to them is save as many clear tickets for a rainy day then spread them out with drive time you will never have to leave your truck...
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by NINJA View Post
    sling i can tell you have been doing this for a while newer guys that do not have the knowledge will never understand how to self save... my advice to them is save as many clear tickets for a rainy day then spread them out with drive time you will never have to leave your truck...

Glad to see someone knew what I was referring too.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I always kept mine covered with the outside of my vehicle, stored safely away in it's case.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

I use a soft side collapsible cooler. I pull the leads out at the end of the zipper. They all have a carry strap. My thought was that if it keeps water and ice in it would keep the rain out. Works great I think that I picked it up at walmart for $10 or $15.

Cant say as Ive noticed a problem with rain. Maybe it doesnt rain hard enough here ? Ill keep the RD transmitter in the case and just pull out the cords, but I let the receiver get wet. Gotta wipe off the display every few mins, but never had water get into it. Is this really a killer for some equipment ?? Our F/T guy uses his old school Metrotek, but Ive never seen him with bags or etc.

Now.. cold is a diff story. Winters here are 20f to -40f.. our locates slow right down in the mid-winter, but ya do get some emergencies of course (water mains start to break apart from the cold). Need to keep the units warm so the batteries last and the lcd displays actually work.
    (May you live in interesting times)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12