Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VM 550/560 new locator inquiry...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VM 550/560 new locator inquiry...

Quote Originally Posted by second notice View Post
    This is old news...................I have a truck load of these in my driveway. Attachment 1108
    Are those the new digital or are they still using the old analog technology?
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Smile Re: VM 550/560 new locator inquiry...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Are those the new digital or are they still using the old analog technology?
    Definitely digital....................according to Wikipedia , "A finger is a limb of the human body and a type of digit, an organ of manipulation and sensation found in the hands of humans and other primates.

I have used the new 560 a few times and have been very impressed with the accuracy and ease of use. We have had no issues with the construction, and it appears to be pretty accurate as well.

Years of Experience

Hey there,
    I've used both the 550 and the 560 in a variety of circumstances and found that the 550 is a bit of a scaled-down 810, but locates only in peak mode. It has 60Hz Power mode as well, but for the most part it's a simple locate stick.

The 560, if used properly, is a godsend.
    The 480kHz is phenomenal on busted-up tracer wire and on streetlighting where the grounding is poor. Also, as an inductive tool, it's unbeatable. Just stand the transmitter on end and you'll light up everything nearby.

It also has 8kHz if you want to clip to or clamp around something, but I'm sure you already have something for that.

This is the perfect 2nd locating kit to help in those crappy or tough-to-locate areas. Loves me the 560...

They just came out with a VM585, which has 60Hz, 512Hz, 8kHz, 83kHz and also a pin-finder mode. Locate set & property pin locator. NICE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123