Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New flag insertion tool finally check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

Default Re: New flag insertion tool finally check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the weight of your product? Have you looked at developing a entirely new paint stick design?

I ask because the problem we run into is that our paint sticks are heavy and are hardly ergonomic.

We are unlikely to purchase paint sticks that stick flags, especially since we regularly are laying down 3-5 colors at one site and you can only load 1 clip at a time.

I'd be more interested in a stick that eliminated forearm and elbow surgeries.

Ever come up with something like that and I'd love a demo.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    What is the weight of your product? Have you looked at developing a entirely new paint stick design?

I ask because the problem we run into is that our paint sticks are heavy and are hardly ergonomic.

We are unlikely to purchase paint sticks that stick flags, especially since we regularly are laying down 3-5 colors at one site and you can only load 1 clip at a time.

I'd be more interested in a stick that eliminated forearm and elbow surgeries.

Ever come up with something like that and I'd love a demo.
    The Flagshooter weighs in at 3 pounds empty. We are currently working on a paint stick design that will hopefully help the industry out with more ergonomics, functionality, and reliability.

What is it about current paint sticks in your opinion that is causing bodily strain? Thank you for the comments

Years of Experience

It's poorly designed triggers plus weight. Sticking flags sucks, but we're looking for lighter weight and less repetitive strain on the lower arm.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    It's poorly designed triggers plus weight. Sticking flags sucks, but we're looking for lighter weight and less repetitive strain on the lower arm.
    You realize we are big monkeys that swing electronic bananas that weigh a ton? The only way it will get better is if we hunch over and drag our knuckles. That way we would be closer to the ground and don't need paint sticks.

On another note. Why don't we have the ability to spray pigment not through an aresol can? Wouldn't be easier to run a small PVC line to the tip of the reciever and have an atomizer on the tip of the small air hose. You can have a concentrated pigment propeled by compressed air. Tanks about the size of a paintball gun tank. All you would need is a small vest or fanny pack to contain the pigments and the compressed air. As for actuating the pigments... I think there is enough room to have a small push button controls velcroed to any particular reciever.

mke

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    You realize we are big monkeys that swing electronic bananas that weigh a ton? The only way it will get better is if we hunch over and drag our knuckles. That way we would be closer to the ground and don't need paint sticks.

On another note. Why don't we have the ability to spray pigment not through an aresol can? Wouldn't be easier to run a small PVC line to the tip of the reciever and have an atomizer on the tip of the small air hose. You can have a concentrated pigment propeled by compressed air. Tanks about the size of a paintball gun tank. All you would need is a small vest or fanny pack to contain the pigments and the compressed air. As for actuating the pigments... I think there is enough room to have a small push button controls velcroed to any particular reciever.

mke
    Actually there was either rustoleum or krylon were looking at a bag dispencer for powdered paint. It would fit in a regular paint can device so you could use a paint stick. My company was suppose to get some to try out on as a beta test, but we never received any of it.

Years of Experience

Ive watched the videos and will give credit where credit is due. It is a good idea/invention but I cant see it being worth 400 bucks. And it doesnt hold many flags. I see this thing taking more time then the traditional way of doing things. As for the video where he is pounding flags in snow with it. I have one opinion about that. After you pound a couple flags into the snow the tip of your paint can is going to freeze up and you will be making a trip back to the truck for a new can. So there is time wasted. I can throw flags as fast as this thing puts them into the ground. I usually will burn up almost a whole box of flags a week because i flag every paint mark i put down due to it being recalled back in the next week. I feel like this thing would hold up about a month if that. Heck I go through 2 paint sticks a year because of the trigger part always breaking.

like i said its a good idea/invention but it wouldn't be something Id use. And to be honest i don't see my company spending 400 dollars on it and having to go to a diff retailer for a differnt kind of flags. Heck flags aren't really that cheap to begin with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123