Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New flag insertion tool finally check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

Default Re: New flag insertion tool finally check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow theres been quite a bit of feed back some weve heard before at trade shows. This product may not be for everyone as we have found out since we started marketing a year ago. We have had success with it though and after working out questions with customers because its something so new they have warmed up to it

Years of Experience

i think it is a great idea !!!!! but most locaters on this forum will not be able to afford the item. most locaters were not even willing to pay 50 bucks for that really nice vest that came out a few years back?????? nice job Bob on the flag thrower!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Sry I eas not trying to sound like a A** Bob on my comment earlier it is a great idea but no contract locating firm will invest in someting that costs that much for there locators they wouldnt be ablt to see the time vers's money part.

Years of Experience

I have enjoyed the feed back and interest over the past week. The comments on development will keep us on our feet here at Flagshooter so thanks! We hope you have a safe week ahead.

Banned

Call USIC I am sure their will place a big order! LOL

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

That thing is pretty impressive. But, I don't put flags in the ground. I don't think I've put a flag in the ground in over 2 years.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Well another week is coming to a close and I just wanted to add that we have a trade show schedule on our home page at flagshooter.com which we will be keeping updated as show season comes closer. We also have some demo units that we loan out for a week or so if you are interested contact us through our website and we can fill you in more. We also do demos to large groups in different areas so those of you that are still wondering contact us. Thanks for the support and interest and have a great weekend.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Does it insert flags into rock? How about this parched clay we have that's as hard as concrete due to lack of rain?
    My new flag shooter will do that, Spray. I haven't built it yet, it is just an idea at the moment. It is basically a pogo stick that inserts flags. Paint out your lines and then go put your equipment away because the fun is about to start. Hop on the pogoflagger and go. Accuracy comes with experience but the fun starts immediately.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

All kidding aside, I was checking out their website and they have a new video on the power of the flagshooter. It will shoot a flag into a block of ice. That to me says alot.

Years of Experience

I just wanted to wish you guys a safe year and let you know we post tradeshow dates in the Shop Talk section of our website flagshooter.com. As for the question from Spranpray we have had alot of success in texas with your hard ground.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    That thing is pretty impressive. But, I don't put flags in the ground. I don't think I've put a flag in the ground in over 2 years.
    That's interesting, does the contract there not require you to use flags, even at certain times of the year??? Like in Fall, or Winter??

Years of Experience
    30+

I go through a 1/2 case a week. 500 flags each of XO & ZAYO. I flag every time I go to a ticket even if I have been there numerous of times. You would trip over them. Last thing I want is a fiber damage. I will have to post a picture of one of my locates and it looks like a straight orange line. Well maybe not so straight as the bore crew did not put it in straight.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Big-E View Post
    That's interesting, does the contract there not require you to use flags, even at certain times of the year??? Like in Fall, or Winter??
    The cable company does not provide them to us so it is an expense we don't want to incur.

My philosophy is this: if you want flags, I'll put down the paint and then you can go buy the flags yourself and put them in the ground.

I'm a little more diplomatic than that but they get the point.

I had a contractor the other day get on me about it. Here is a conversation we had... paraphrased but as close as I can recall.

I just finished the meet and was telling him I'll get it marked and it should be done in about 20 minutes...

Me - Alright, it'll be done in about 20 minutes.

Contractor - I want flags.

Me - I don't have flags.

Con. - What do you mean you don't have flags?

Me - (Cable company name) doesn't provide them for us.

Con. - Then how are you going to maintain your marks?

Gas Co. employee also at meet - We have to maintain the marks after they paint it out.

Me - (standing there saying nothing)

Con. - That's a bunch of crap.

Gas co. - That's how it is.

Me - Okay, it'll be done in about 20 minutes.

Well, this tool is different with the flag insertion tool. But, yeah I can say it is somewhat same with flag insertion tool. I can not say anything more about the flagshooter tool before I don't have a sufficient knowledge about it.

Years of Experience

http://www.facebook.com/Flagshooter-...meline/?ref=hl I just thought I would share this quick video as we have been continuing to improve our products. I hope the summer season has treated you all well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast