Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New flag insertion tool finally check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

Default New flag insertion tool finally check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been in development for a while and feel it's time to relieve your backs and frustration with a new flag insertion tool. It's called the flag shooter please check it out at Flagshooter.com we have a couple of demo videos as well as a link to contact us with questions on our site. This is a patented tool thats been tested and proven successful in the field even in frozen or hard ground! We have a client base that stretches from North Dakota to Texas so the Flagshooter has seen a variety of conditions and performed great. This is an all new product that promises to change the meaning of flag insertion tool so do youself a favor and check out the Flagshooter.

Years of Experience

Default Re: New flag insertion tool finally check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad it doesnt use the flags were supplied with.. Whats the weight on one of those things..
    Last edited by HalfTracK; August 12th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Years of Experience

It weighs just over 3 pounds and it doesnt use batteries just hand leverage. As for the flags there isn't any way around something being special about them they need to be put into "a clip" to be repeatable like staples or nails.

Years of Experience

Yeah i noticed; it'd be nice to have maybe a hand tool to put the little curve in your own flags.. Food for thought.

The company im with provides flags with the utility owners name and our company name on them..

Oh and whats the retail?
    Last edited by HalfTracK; August 12th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.

Years of Experience

The tooll is $349.00 flag prices vary depending on size might I ask what company your with?

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

I can throw a flag and make it stick in a tree without bending over, guess I just saved $349.00.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Turk182 View Post
    I can throw a flag and make it stick in a tree without bending over, guess I just saved $349.00.
    Yep! And the 12" piece of 1 conduit taped to it holds them just fine!

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

yeah the special flags killed my interest.... I give these people enough without spending my own money for supplies and like turk... I'm pretty good at throwing flags and hitting my mark every time....

Does it insert flags into rock? How about this parched clay we have that's as hard as concrete due to lack of rain?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

I bet 100 bucks that with the time it takes them to reload that clip me and my old paint stick and my inch and a half pvc pipe clamped on it could do the locate and take pictures by the time they get done with the locate I'm another flag thrower and unless I hit a rock it always sticks that thing would be a lot more trouble than its worth to many mechanism's for what the paint sticks go through.

Bob, I kind of feel bad about the reception your flag machine has received. We are not normally so tough audience to newcomers. But, since you seem to be an inventor with imagination, what about re-tractable leads for our transmitters? Now that is something I would really get my attention.

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    30+

Bob, the only way you will be able to sell your Flag Insertion Stick is to sell your idea to a locate firm. We as locators have no say in as to what our companies buy. One major point is it take special flags. You will not get someone to buy the special flags. Not to be to critical but are you the only supplier of the flags? We as locators will not buy flags for our company. It is a good idea though. But still I can throw flag and hit the mark. My biggest problem is I have to break the flags apart before I put them in my pvc pipe so I can grab one with ease.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Your flag insertion tool is a good idea, but still needs some more development.

The problem pointed out that special flags are needed is a critical one.

What you need is a device that can accept a flag whose shaft is of several different lengths and gauge. Also that the flag not be pre-folded any special way, just drop them into the magazine.

People here have pointed out that they can just as easily flick flags into the ground, they are missing a detail.

When we mark we have a receiver in one hand and a paint stick in the other. We must stop, slip our receiver under an arm and then put the flag in with the now free hand, this slows down the marking That or spend time making a second trip just to flag.

Good idea, develop it further and you have a winning item.

There are events for out industry where you can get a booth and show off you wares, I don't think you current version worth the effort and money. -

For example in March of 2011 Common Ground Alliance had their Excavation Safety Conference in Orlando, Florida. Renting a booth there would get good exposure. Plus many contract locating firms have there own booths there, good place to drop off literature on a device for them to take home and try out.

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

I didn't miss anything Pro... in my routine, when I am offsetting my marks... I throw my flags, and then on my walk back to the truck I am snapping pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    Bob, the only way you will be able to sell your Flag Insertion Stick is to sell your idea to a locate firm. We as locators have no say in as to what our companies buy. One major point is it take special flags. You will not get someone to buy the special flags. Not to be to critical but are you the only supplier of the flags? We as locators will not buy flags for our company. It is a good idea though. But still I can throw flag and hit the mark. My biggest problem is I have to break the flags apart before I put them in my pvc pipe so I can grab one with ease.
    The flag manufacturers make flags out of a little different type of plastic that don't stick together, but they cost a little more so not too many companies will buy them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast