Thread: marker flag insertion tool

Default marker flag insertion tool

Marker Flag insertion tools and accessories. new tool to help locators keep from bending over especially if you have back problems. reduces potential problems with hands from gripping the utility flags metal staff. this tool will work especially good in the winter. be sure to read about us and our services. thanks and hope to here from you soon.

Default Re: marker flag insertion tool

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Why no video? I want to see it pushing a flag into the packed hard ground of TX in the middle of July. See you in the middle of a MN winter inserting it into frozen ground that is foot thick. I would like to see it in operation to see just how easy it is to use. Here I use a 36" drill bit with a cordless drill to make holes in the winter.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    Why no video? I want to see it pushing a flag into the packed hard ground of TX in the middle of July. See you in the middle of a MN winter inserting it into frozen ground that is foot thick. I would like to see it in operation to see just how easy it is to use. Here I use a 36" drill bit with a cordless drill to make holes in the winter.
    Same here. Masonry bit works even better. 36" is a little long. I'd hate to hit the utility I was marking. I did that once. Marked a phone drop and hit it with the flag. It was only a few inches deep. The wire went through the sheathing and shorted the line. The homeowner had to call in a repair. Phone guys could have billed me for an at fault but they just laughed it off. Hate to have that happen on a shallow HP plastic gas main.
    Last edited by daman1; September 16th, 2012 at 12:42 AM.

there is a you tube video on website. it shows inserting flags in drought stricken southeast Colorado. i have several other videos to put on website, hopefully i will get this done this week.

I had a genius idea the other day and had to find this old thread to suggest it. Why don't you design it into the paint stick so we can preload it with our paint giving the ability to flag and paint at the same time at the press of a button.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by [HAF]Foxtrot View Post
    I had a genius idea the other day and had to find this old thread to suggest it. Why don't you design it into the paint stick so we can preload it with our paint giving the ability to flag and paint at the same time at the press of a button.
    I would like to mention that the Flagshooter flags and paints. We have customers in the Texas drought I've used it there myself. Ive shot flags in Minnesota winters as well the product was developed in South Dakota with winter in mind. Check it out at Flag Shooter

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

Just watched a youtube video of it. I would need a back pack to carry all the flags for that thing to mark and flag what i need

Years of Experience

whatever you guys seem to believe.....this is a good idea and that can not be taken away from him !!! Now the hard part is getting our contract companies to buy into it and see if saves a lil bit of money in the long run for projects and such!!!! Although I do see this as a great idea I would not personally buy it because it is a tool and an asset for my company to make more money when I don't have to remark projects over and over over and over as I have been doing for weeks now on a 50. mile water line project !
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdr View Post
    Marker Flag insertion tools and accessories. new tool to help locators keep from bending over especially if you have back problems. reduces potential problems with hands from gripping the utility flags metal staff. this tool will work especially good in the winter. be sure to read about us and our services. thanks and hope to here from you soon.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    17 years

I think it'd be great. I don't see the company springing for them but the private SUE guys might be interested. Not for everyday use but when the earth is really hard or frozen and you can't get any lasting marks down, they'd really come in handy. I'm afraid if you used it too often on regular dirt or lawns you might find yourself in the same position as that Massachusetts gas tech with the leak tester. The last thing you want to do is be the cause of your own damage.