Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: make shift clamp

Years of Experience

Default Re: make shift clamp

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Maybe wrapping the wire around the cable and then coupling onto the wire only serves to hold the coupler in very close proximity to the cable and thus an induction takes place. You don't have to clamp a cable to induce a signal into it I'm guessing. Try leaning the coupler against a cable and see if that works.

I will try that tomorrow and see if I am correct.
    Another important point to mention is that to maximise capactive coupling the higher the output voltage of the transmitter the more signal will get onto your utility. This technique sees the utility as a high impedance or high resistance aoolication and therefore high voltage output from the transmitter is more suited for this application. Radiodetection TX1, TX3 and TX10 transmitters can output up to 90V with many other transmitters on the market only able to output 50V maximum.

Hi Guys,
    its been ages since i was last on here, but this thread caught my eye, i dont know if you guys in the states have metal protective covers coming down the poles, but occasionally we do here in ole blighty, i use these alot to locate comms and electric cables,
    i simply connect the red lead to the metal cover and then earth the black, i find it does'nt matter how high the power is set from my tx10, i always get a signal out, even a metal bar lent along the cable and attached to the genny works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12