Thread: Looking for some help

Default Looking for some help

Ok I came up with this idea one year ago. This idea, I wont go to into because I've been trying to put it together for 4 months now, with researching patients, research, research and researching. Nobody has a patient for it. I heard from a good source that the Locating Equipment manufactures are still working toward something different from this. As soon as they put two and two together I'm done for. Really with the right person it can be put together in no time and on the market rather fast. Trying to find friends with knowledge of Electronics and Wireless! Is hard to do. I have a slight knowledge of both, but not enough. The ones that know more than i do about Wireless and Electronics are just lazy. I guess they would rather work for someone else for the next 20 years.
    The technology is already out there but has not been applied to the locating field. This product could save on average about a hour a day of locating, maybe more if your on a big locate. This will make our jobs alot easier. I wish i could just go ahead and tell you about it but I hope that is my ticket to a better future for my children and me. This has been well thought out on it in all levels, it just needs to be put together. This is a good product to have during these hard times of the economy. It will cut down on overtime. May even cut one person out of a job within a group(sorry). Any Piece of equipment can be upgraded. During these times what company is going to spend thousands of dollars for new equipment when its not going to save major time in the field. Locating Companies can get this for under $600.
    So I'm looking for help, looking a partner/investor to help me with this before someone else figures this out. Anyone who contacts me will have to sign a nondisclosure agreement. I can put this together but this is going to take me months and maybe even a year to do myself. I'm just ready to get it together before it's to late

Default Re: Looking for some help

Have you built a prototype and filed for a patient? Get a good patient lawyer, before you speek to anyone. It will cost about 4 grand to get it sumitied.
    Now, what the ---- did I do with that ped wrench???????????

Years of Experience

You know, I have a few Ideas myself involving wireless connections in the locating field. A few catch-alls, and one major improvement that I can't believe we haven't seen yet. But a non-disclosure agreement? I guess I understand where you're coming from... but why would anyone who may already have dreamed up your solution sign something to keep him from moving forward on his own Idea?

Not trying to be an ass buuuuttt

its "PATENT" not patient.

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Wasn't there a piece of locating equipment created that was only a passive wand with a radio mode on it? Damn I forgot the name of it but it's very rare and virtually no one uses it seriously. It was mentioned on this forum at some point that's how I learned about it, but damn I forgot the name.

I want to guess what it is what the original poster has in mind.

You want to develop some sort of amplifier for the receiver that gives it an extremely powerful radio passive mode.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Document your idea in writing, include any sketches or notes you have made, in your own handwriting, put all of this in an envelope or box and mail it to yourself via first class mail requiring a signature. You now have a court approved proof of your idea, the post office receipt is your date of proof, and the unopened package contains you're intellectual content in handwriting that can be verified. This will allow you to pursue your options while keeping your idea safe from anyone that would attempt to poach it.

Years of Experience

CAT Tool?

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Yes what Turk182 is legally a great idea if you need to prove what was done on or before a certain date.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Years of Experience

good luck!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato