Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hand dig distance

Default Re: Hand dig distance

That means you're saying 2 water lines in there. Write 16" buys you 8" either side of your line. Sounds like something SpraynPray would do. Try to confuse a man with a backhoe.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JACKnBORE View Post
    That means you're saying 2 water lines in there. Write 16" buys you 8" either side of your line. Sounds like something SpraynPray would do. Try to confuse a man with a backhoe.
    I'd H pattern it, which tells the excavator there is one main, but it is a large main. In the area I used to work in it was easier to screw the excavator with phone, because there are dead phone cables everywhere, so I would mark every single dead cable, sometimes as many as 12 of them in one extent, so your potholing 12 fifty pairs that were replaced by one 900 pair 15 years ago.

The contractors that did a lot of work in my area learned real quick to avoid pissing me off, but it was a two way street to, I would make the call right away on extents that were called in with unlocatable utilities, AT&T has a ton of untonable fiber buried around here, for the contractors worked with me.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKnBORE View Post
    Confuse a man with a backhoe, now there's something that wouldn't take much effort.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234