Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wingfoot

Thread: first hand with the spar 300 use?

Years of Experience
    a few

Default first hand with the spar 300 use?

I have been watching the Spar 300 locators for a few years and even saw a few posts on here but when Vivax bought the product line it pushed me over the edge to get a couple. Has anyone got any comments on results? I am really curious on using 2 of them for deep locates like 20 feet plus. Anyone even been around someone using one? Thanks

Years of Experience

Default Re: first hand with the spar 300 use?

Can't wait to get your opinion been bugging the boss for one for a while now. We just got a new contract and that fiber IS deep!!!

Years of Experience

Default First hand with the spar 300 use?

Spar 300 Underground Utility 3-D Survey Equipment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheCableVine likes this.

Years of Experience
    a few

Default Re: First hand with the spar 300 use?

pic of spar 300 being compared to seektech sr-60img_20170403_171436.jpgimg_20170403_170938.jpg

Years of Experience
    a few

Default Re: First hand with the spar 300 use?

Well I have some info on my first hand use with the spar 300 system. I had been using one to learn the system but I bought 2 so that I could pair them for deep locates which is what I need them for. First thing is they can't do every line, actually a regular locator is more likely to be able to do a line than the spar. Distortion is why I have done lines with my rd or seektech no problem that the spar just can not do, the em field needs to be perfect almost. But using one spar it can find it and do a depth and current read but if you hook another spar up the 2 of them will fight back and forth because the em field is distorted and they both see it in a different way and just plain will not agree on the solution. But if the line is good they are pretty amazing you can pop off the centerline of the cable or pipe and use offset locating and it still is tracking the target pipe. If the line is deep they will more than double up your vectors and you will get a good locate. Did I expect more? Yea kinda but I am happy to have the system for the jobs that I need it for.